Thread: Urethral discharge?

Urethral discharge?

Has anyone ever had a white discharge from their urethra, with skin red and swollen around it? I'm waiting to here from my uroligist, I hope he phones soon it's really weird, it's yeast like, somethings definately wrong, all of a sudden today- poof- it's here. Thanx

MG - Were you on antibiotics during your recent hospital stay? If so, yeasties are probably the culprit!

If it's just around the area and you are off antibiotics now get an anti-fungal cream and dab a small amount on after washing well and after blowing things dry (on the cool setting) to really dry off. Read the instructions real well. Marm is right. You probably have a mild case of the yeasties.

Yeah but......

it's not my dooie, it's inside my urethra, is it possible to get a yeastie in there? Usually I think my urologist is awesome, but when he called me back he said he didn't know until he sees it. Well I see him in a couple weeks for a scheduled cystoscopy, and he said to remind him of it. Geez after having thousands of sci patients, you'd think he'd know. I was freaked about it and he acted like it was no big deal. He just said to drink lots of water and try and pee it out. Geez I bet urologists say " Drink lots of water" in their sleep! They probably have water dispensers in every room at home, including the bathroom! I HATE WATER!!!!!!

You can get yeasties anywhere there's a warm, moist environment with the right pH for them to grow! I'd call the urologist back to get an appointment now, before the cysto - if it is in the urethra, he may want to treat it before that cysto.

I would agree that this could be a yeast infection because of your recent course of antibiotics. And with the discharge and redness, it sounds even more so. I would call your urologist again, remind him you were on antibiotics, and ask if he can see you sooner. The topical cream may help the redness and swelling, but because there is a discharge, I would think the source is too high for the cream to be totally effective. If you wait two weeks until your cysto, he could look at it and say---"can't do the cysto today, have to wait until this clears." You will be a step ahead of the game if you call him now. (EMK)

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

The topical cream may help the redness and swelling, but because there is a discharge, I would think the source is too high for the cream to be totally effective. (EMK)
    I agree. A one time dose of Diflucan would be a better option.

Thanks guys!

I did just that, I have a few diflucan kicking around at all times, I took one last night. Hopefully that'll kill the !@#$% !@#$% !!!!!!