Thread: Tipping Point for Cure Paralysis Now Advocacy

Tipping Point for Cure Paralysis Now Advocacy

Chuck ( Bostondad ), brought up the interesting concept of "Tipping Point"
    in another thread, which is something that could unite us all. Thanks Chuck!

Whether it is building critical mass with the sheer number of people involved in Cure Paralysis Advocacy or whether it's a message or action, I think we are all looking for that tipping point which is defined as:
    Any process in which beyond a certain point, the rate at which the process proceeds, increases dramatically.

The process being to find a cure for paralysis.

In order to be capable of sparking epidemics, ideas have to be memorable and move us into action.

What must underlie successful epidemics, in the end, is a bedrock belief that change is possible, that people can radically transform their behavior or beliefs in the face of the right kind of impetus. Tipping Points are a reaffirmation of the potential for change and the power of intelligent action. Look at the world around you. It may seem like an immovable, implacable place. It is not. With the slightest push; just in the right place; it can be tipped. NOTES, ETC.

How to Start a Revolution

Turning an idea into an epidemic.
    Last edited by Faye; 07-24-2005 at 05:47 PM.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Actually, I just realized Seneca had already started a thread called Cure Mandate and Advocacy......Thanks Seneca.

I have to say I like to think that a wel-planned action such as the one suggested by BigBob, might just work as a tipping point.

Suppose there was an exhibit like a pyramid of old cluncky wheelchairs on the Capitol lawn, after going through the proper approval process......

With the caption that unifies Susan Fajt frequent reference to the "primitive wheelchair" and Chris and Curt's suggestions to unify all CNS conditions which cause paralysis:

2 million americans no longer accept these primitive wheelchairs as the solution to their paralysis
    We want Freedom from Paralysis or Cure Paralysis Now
    Last edited by Faye; 07-24-2005 at 06:00 PM.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl