Thread: Disabled American Veterans recently joined forces with Extreme Makeover

Exclamation Disabled American Veterans recently joined forces with Extreme Makeover

The weekly news update from 360: The Accessible Lifestyle is now online.
    Go to http://www.360mag.com

THIS WEEKS NEWS:
    • Tuesday, July 26, marks the 15th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
    Here are some ways to celebrate the ADA’s crystal anniversary.

• The “Ask Angela” column answers a question about working as a film or television extra.

• More than 270 California parks will be upgraded over the next decade to improve access for people with disabilities.

• Did the latest Harry Potter book only whet your appetite for more?
    Check out an online fanfic novel that features a main character with a disability.

• Disabled American Veterans recently joined forces with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to construct a house for a soldier injured during the war in Iraq.

• Playskool has partnered with Boundless Playgrounds to build awareness about the importance of recreation areas where all children are welcome.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    The weekly news update from 360: The Accessible Lifestyle is now online.
    Go to http://www.360mag.com

THIS WEEKS NEWS:
    www.360mag.com

News
    Weekly Round Up: 07.29.05
    by The 360 Team

Summer Surprise: Senator Frist Supports Stem Cell Research
    On the last day before Congress goes on vacation, Senator Frist broke ranks with President Bush and stem cell opponents in support of expanding federal funding of the potentially promising yet controversial research. The Senator Majority Leader from Tennessee is probably the most powerful and high-profile conservative to join the pro-research side of the debate.

“While human embryonic stem cell research is still at a very early stage, the limitations put in place [four years ago] will…slow our ability to discover potential new treatments,” Sen. Frist said during his speech on Friday morning. “I believe the president’s policy should be modified.”

His announcement came only 24 hours after he blocked a motion to bring a bill on stem cell research to the Senate floor for debate. Passed by the House of Representatives in May, H.R. 810 called for increased federal funding of embryonic stem cell research, in particular expanding the number of stem cell lines America’s medical community may study with taxpayers’ dollars. President Bush has vowed to veto any such legislation.

As the announcement was made on getaway day, it has created a Congressional cliffhanger of sorts. Nothing will happen until the politicians return to work in September. Yet it’s clear a showdown of some sort is coming.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl