Thread: Dr. Young, If there was a sci clinical trial network

Dr. Young, If there was a sci clinical trial network

Dr. Young, If there was a sci clinical trial network, would you consider running a trial on Dr. Bohbets Laser puncture?
    Would you be interested in seeing what happens at the site of injury when exposed to this treatment to see if it could be useful if coupled with other therapies? Could it maybe even be a catalyst that might be useful?
    Last edited by bigbob; 07-19-2005 at 08:27 PM.
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810

BigBob, if a spinal cord injury clinical trial network were to start in the United States, I would be only one of many people that may help determine what therapies will be tested in such a network. Much depends on reputations of therapies and the evidence available to support the efficacy and safety of the therapies. I suspect that laser acupuncture would not be very high on the priority lists of most clinicians because it has been around for some time and the amount of evidence and information supportings its practice and efficacy is still very limited.

By the way, people mix up laser application to the spinal cord to promote regeneration and laser acupuncture. They are not the same. The latter involves application of laser light to acupuncture points rather than the spinal cord. According to his web site, Al Bohbot does not necessarily apply the laser to traditional acupuncture points but to other sites of the body that he does not specify. While there some animal data suggesting that laser light may stimulate axons to regenerate, the data supporting laser acupuncture is, in my opinion, weak and contradictory.

I would like to know what the difference is between the low-powered lasers used by Al Bohbot and others. Based on what I have read so far, it should be possible to apply a $20 laser pointer (the ones that you use to put a red or green light on the screen during presentation) to some spot of your body. Anybody may be able to do laser acupuncture, for example, if the details of the laser power and wavelength were provided, as well as a map of the application points on the body.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Anybody may be able to do laser acupuncture, for example, if the details of the laser power and wavelength were provided, as well as a map of the application points on the body.

Wise.
    Dr. Bohbot plans to train other healthcare providers in the application of laserpuncture reasonably soon.
    A lot of procedures doctors perform could be carried out by just about anybody. Though I did not finish medical school, I was able to notice that there is a lot of redundant training involved.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young

I would like to know what the difference is between the low-powered lasers used by Al Bohbot and others. Based on what I have read so far, it should be possible to apply a $20 laser pointer (the ones that you use to put a red or green light on the screen during presentation) to some spot of your body. Anybody may be able to do laser acupuncture, for example, if the details of the laser power and wavelength were provided, as well as a map of the application points on the body.

Wise.
    It would be nice if someone could buy an instrument for $20 and a book for $10 mapping out the best point to apply the light. Does anybody know if Dr. Bohbot has applied his treatment to TM patients? I understand your doubts Dr. Young, but for $30 I would give it a try.
    Don't ignore the Reeve Legacy, Remember he and Dana supported open research and fought hard for ESCR

StemCellBattles

Support H.R. 810

Do Chiroprators do this? My legs never had a spasm until a Chiroprator adjusted my neck. He said get your neck straight and movement may improve and it did happen. He found a broke collar bone from my MVA!? I would be the first in line, I am an incomplete T11/12 with Weiss springs so I have hope that scare tissue could be broken down, my cord is not cut just stretched. I have a finger that was almost cut off from a broken soap dish in a shower in the locker room after football practice. Nerve damage, huge scar but the Doctor stated to use vitamin E and rub the finger in spare time. He meant you can rub out scar tissue. You can not see the scar unless I show or tell you. When my wife massages my back I have tingling sensations down my right leg? I am very intrested. I believe the scar tissue in my spinal cord can be blasted out of my spine like kidney stones.
    Thanxs,
    Matt

Matt, tell your chriopractor about the training program coming up in about a year in France. Then let me know.....Georgia, USA is a lot closer than France

Bob, I've often thought about purchasing a machine for transcranial doppler so I can assess changes in Jason's basilar artery, however those machines too are prohibitively expensive, and therefor only suitable to a health provider practice.
    I am pretty sure the laseracupuncture machine Dr. Bohbot uses is patented ( and why not), and rather expensive as it is custom made.

Regardless it is appaling how conventional practitioners and researchers try to downplay and even make fun of treatments that provide functional improvements and thereby decrease needless suffering, simply because it isn't an "extablished" treatment with huge profit potential.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

laseracupuncture machine training is the program? I have a friend at work who family member is a Chiropractor and I will ask if he is going.
    Thanx
    Matt

Thanks Faye for your support. We’ve just found this thread – we cannot track every criticism made to laserpuncture.

Again thanks for your testimony. As everyone knows, we posted many of them on our website (www.laserponcture.org).

If ever Bigbog wants to come and try laserpuncture, we’ll be delighted to show individuals who do not understand laserpuncture functioning how it works.

The file sent to the French government is 600 pages.

… And if $20 can help, it’s quite cheap compared to other therapies.

Albert

---------------------------------------

Francais / French :

Merci Faye pour la defense du laserponcture. Nous venons de trouver ce topic. Nous ne pouvons pas toujours être * l’affut de toutes les critiques sur le laserponcture.

Merci d’avoir temoigne votre reconnaissance sur le laserponcture. Tout le monde peut lire votre temoignage sur notre site (www.laserponcture.org)

Si Bigbob veut venir nous voir, nous nous ferons un plaisir de faire mentir ceux qui ne comprennent pas comment ca marche.

Le dossier que nous depose entre les mains du gouvernement francais fait plus de 600 pages.

… Et si 20$ peut faire du bien, ce n’est pas cher paye par rapport a d’autres.

Albert

I did not see anything, right web?

Hunker:

If you're referring to Faye's testimony, check out "Jason" (her son).

Albert