Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Chick, it's probably a good thing but google searches don't bring up any sources for them. Look tasty and not bad nutritionally but I can and will have to do w/o.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I don't eat sweets on a usual basis but do like..

Maple Nut Goodies
    Snickers
    Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Dont eat sweets either.

Woman From Europe - what's the obsession in Sweden with salty liquorice?
    I have tried some, and it wasn't to my taste at all, yet I know it's very popular there.

Eileen - ewwww! I like peanuts and chocolate, but never together. This combination appears much more popular in the States than in the UK.
    Oh wait, Snickers are popular here, though.

Sjean - lol, there used to be this really cheesy advert here for Werther's Originals. There was this song, really earnest sounding, which went "your Werther's are his Werther's too" (referring to an old guy with his grandson). I still sing that song.
    I do like Werther's.

Chick, ooh, I've liked the few Meiji sweets I've had. I've never tried anything like this though. I'm gonna have to see if we have a store in Birmingham that stocks these (I've bought all my Japanese sweets and snacks over the internet so far, lol). Thanks!

Jeff - I love that name "Little Debbie". It's cute. We don't get their stuff here.

Shannon sent me a fabulous package recently, and in it was some chocolate. I haven't had great experiences with American chocolate so far, until I tried this. It was great! Delicious dark chocolate made in Portland.
    I like the print on the bar too (hope it shows up on picture). Oops, the bar didn't come that shape - I broke some off and scoffed it.

Keps, So I guess my double fudge brownies with peanut butter chips wouldn't do much for you? My idea of heaven, only enhanced when warm and some vanilla ice cream is added to the top!! Sinful.......

My Swedish ex-sis-in-law ate that salty licorice. It was ATROCIOUS! It was like coated in ammonia, not salt! Must be an acquired taste, like pickled herring. I love that Shannon sent keps a package. Sometimes CC members are so, well, SWEET!

sour patch kids

Laffy Taffy, Skittles, and Strawberry Nerds - only strawberry though!

Thanks to Keppers, I've gone full on Pocky. I love the things.

I had expected Pocky to be a cookie dipped in chocolate or strawberry. Wrongo. These are the thinnest, crispiest, long fingers of pretzel ever made dipped in just the right amount of chocolate. I'm a convert to the Japanese sweets.

Now if only Pocky had zero calories ....

Salty liquorice and the one tasting ammonia is two different kind of liquorice. I like both. I did not know before I started to write here that that kind of liquorice is not common all over the world.

But when I was i Thailand they were eating frittered bugs as snacks so we eat different all over the world. The grasshopper tasted very good and the ants.
    TH 12, 43 years post