Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Sweets (Candy)?

Ha ha! Cheesy Chocolate! It's been said Americans don't know "real" chocolate, and it's probably true. I'm not a big fan of milk chocolate bars, too sweet in my opinion, though I never thought of them as being cheesy. If I have one I'll break a small bit off and just let it melt in my mouth.

As the holidays approach, my thoughts turn to chocolate. I especially think about Mom's homemade fudge. That stuff is the best.

Come to think of it, so are her made from scratch, frosted, chocolate brownies.

I'll never debate a European re American chocolate, as ours clearly is mass-produced and inferior. But CHEESE? I'm wondering if the bar absorbed a flavor en route. They aren't good, but not cheesy generally.

keps-Do you know what s'mores are? A campout treat, you toast marshmallows over the campifire, slap the hot toasty, likely burnt marshmallow and a bit of Hershey's chocolate between squares of graham cracker.

My teeth hurt thinking about it. 2 will make you ill. And OMG, they're freakin' GOOD!

Lately my weakness has been ice cream. Chocolate chip cookie dough and dulce de leche are among my favorites. Also we bought some Butterfinger candy bars for Halloween which have been slowly disappearing.

Dark chocolate
    Skittles
    Popcorn (with chocolate drizzled on is a good change)
    M&Ms
    Sour items on occasions
    Last edited by trainman; 10-15-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Trainman, for the 5 months I was on a vent I had no taste. Do you have the same problem?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I'll never debate a European re American chocolate, as ours clearly is mass-produced and inferior. But CHEESE? I'm wondering if the bar absorbed a flavor en route. They aren't good, but not cheesy generally.

keps-Do you know what s'mores are? A campout treat, you toast marshmallows over the campifire, slap the hot toasty, likely burnt marshmallow and a bit of Hershey's chocolate between squares of graham cracker.

My teeth hurt thinking about it. 2 will make you ill. And OMG, they're freakin' GOOD!
    No, I didn't know what smores were. I wondered what addiesue meant. (Sorry addiesue!)

Well, I suppose it's possible the Hersheys went weird en route to me. They were well within the best before date, though (well into next year, if I remember correctly). And they looked fine.
    I also got some American Kit Kats in the same package, and I have to say that they were good!

@ Zero - it seems to me that the chocolate we get in England is creamier, and less sweet, than American chocolate. But heck, I'm no expert on American chocolate, so I may well be talking out of my ass.

@ doingtimeonmyass - I only like ice cream occasionally, and it has to be expensive tasting, lol.
    The night before my spinal bleed, I had eaten some triple chocolate ice cream, that was really rich, and gave me indigestion. So the next morning when I was woken up by terrible pain in my back, I thought it was because of the ice cream the previous night.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    @ doingtimeonmyass - I only like ice cream occasionally, and it has to be expensive tasting, lol.
    I'm not a connoisseur, but this stuff is delicious.

http://www.haagendazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=73

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    Lately my weakness has been ice cream. Chocolate chip cookie dough and dulce de leche are among my favorites. Also we bought some Butterfinger candy bars for Halloween which have been slowly disappearing.
    I never buy Halloween candy until almost the day before. That way there is a chance there will be some left for the trick or treaters.

Actually I switch back and forth between buying only candy I DON;T like, on the theory that I won;t eat it, and stuff I DO like, so that we can enjoy what is leftover.

I like ice cream with lots of chocolate .... Like fudge swirl brownie chocolate chip ..... I guess it's the chocolate I like, huh?

Karen, Hersheys milk chocolate is rather sweet, I prefer dark chocolate. Dove is really good in my mind. But the chocolat on the kit kat bars is very similar to hersheys, so I am guessing something was off with it.

I used to usually have some of this around, the little pieces are good, if you can stop at 2! Guess with Halloween coming, we will need to buy some candy!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005