Thread: Mystery AD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mystery AD

Hi, for the last couple of days I have been getting high blood pressures and thumping headaches for no reason I can pin down.

My problems started on Saturday when my SP catheter blocked up in the morning, sending my blood pressure soaring. I also got a severe headache, which is very unusual for me, as usually hyperreflexia just makes me feel uncomfortable in my head. A washout managed to clear a lump of sediment, which allowed the catheter to drain. However my headache/BP took much longer to subside than usual (it is usually very quick to return to normal), and I still had intermittent spikes with my BP for the rest of the day, even though the SP was still draining.

That night when I was put to bed, as soon as I was hoisted onto the bed flat, my BP shot back up and I got super bad headaches again. I had to have my head raised for about 10 minutes for it to subside. It was triggered again when my trousers were taken off.

Monday morning when my groin got dried with a towel set off another, much more milder, episode. Then fast forward to now (Monday night) when once again I had huge headaches and blood pressure problems after being put on the bed. It was set off as the sling was slid out from underneath me, then really exacerbated when my trousers and boxers were taken off.

So from those experiences, the cause seems like it could be something to do with my groin/testicles/something?! Any ideas if there is a logical explanation for what could be causing this? It's very uncharacteristic for me, and very worrying. Thanks..

Edit: I am a complete C4/5 24-year-old quad if that helps.
    Last edited by tank; 07-18-2005 at 09:19 AM.