Thread: Standing Frame For Quads?

Standing Frame For Quads?

What a good Standing Frame for Quads?

Norm, try a "search" for "standing frames". It's been discussed often and you'll find multiple suggestions.

Also check out www.easystand.com

Good luck.

Onward and Upward!

frame

you can have your own made out of wood for $100. Dr kao's spec's can be gotten by searching here for stand aid or Kao

norm ihave the standing frame called grandstand. i dont know if they make them any more that was in 88 or 89. i paid over 2k for mine and used it for a few months and it has been in shed ever since. they work good, felt good to stand up, but after awhile noone wanted to go through hassle of standing me up, ohh well. i really dont miss it. good luck, later, john

Stand Aid

I am a full quad and have used a standing frame by Stand Aid of Iowa for 8 years. They even built a special back so I can strap my shoulders back so I can stand up straight. I believe they have a website but I don't know what it is

Stand-Aid

I've had a Stand-Aid for five yrs and also used one at my rehab hospital. It is awesome. Insurance paid for mine.

http://www.blvd.com/standaid/

... ...

I can't seem to stand straight at therapy using their standing frame. My therapist isn't taking the time to correct it, I may just quit. I seem to have a curved spine plus I fall forward. I also am worried about using it at home. I don't want it to end up in the shed.

norm i didnt mean to discourage you. my standing table is great and standing felt great. i just dont have anyone who wants to take the time to stand me up. later,john

Because of gravity, your scoliosis will likely be exacerbated while standing. I remember how shocked I was at how crooked my torso was when I did some standing a few years after my accident - definitely more so than while sitting. The therapist said "gravity."

Would I be better off with a tilt table?