Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote control Trucks

Remote control Trucks

Just wondered if anyone could advise as to what kind of Truck I should get?
    I have been looking at one at a local hobby shop that has 4x4 and a metal frame and all. I forget the name of it right now, But it's $400. bucks. Is this normaly what you have to spend to get a good one?
    It is gas powered.
    Doug

I have this one. It's the Savage 25. I must say that it is a little too much truck for me and my confined space. If I were AB, I would be lovin it. My brother bought it for me to cheer me up. It worked for a while, but I won't drive it by myself, cause I'm afraid it will turn over in a field or yard that I can't get to and it will burn up...or something like that. It is fun with friends and if I had a track like some on this site I'm sure it would be that much cooler.

I also have the savage .25, its a good stock truck and good for a some what beginner of the hobby..(theres alot of good trucks out there)..the savage is the toughest stock truck on the market(IMHO)..great back yard bashing truck! and with a few upgrades a great racer...if your looking for nothing but a racer I would go with the traxxas revo or t-maxx..those 2 trucks are very popular at my local track..unlimited parts available..I also have a t-maxx , its ok stock, I droped about 3 hundred bucks in to it befor I had a good basher/racer..The revo im not sure about..all the ones at the track are stock out of the box trucks and they have been doing great in the races!
    But like I said theres alot of good trucks out there ,do some reading about each one befor you buy..... its all about witch one you fall i love with the most ..

o and yes your going to be spending some money in this hobby..$400 is a good price for the savage...im about to buy a kyosho mp777 sp1 buggy , its a kit (no motor,radio gear,pipe or tires) for around 600 bucks, plus im puting a O.S. V-spec motor in it($350) and a O.s. pipe($150) plus J.R radio gear($170).. ...Ive almost got the money saved up! cant wait...
    Last edited by abrooks311; 07-16-2005 at 11:27 PM.
    Blah

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!! It is the Savage 25 I'm looking at. To buy everything that goes along with it like the starter and batteries glow plug fuel and all will cost about 540. just the truck is 399. I got plenty of room to run it, but I'm kinda like you Joe, I'm afraid it will get somewhere that I can't get too. and I don't know how I can carry it. How do you guys?
    Thanks
    Doug

hey duge you should get all that with it brand new..is it brand new?
    look at this site, its $395 with everything except gas..
    http://www.rcplanet.com/product_49941_detailed.htm

as far as your question about getting stuck or fliped over I always run with a group of people so they help me start up and re-fuel and help me out with tunning and stuff..I think you should fined a group of cool people that dont mind helping you out when needed. check around for local tracks you can join up with and they should be more than happy to help you when running...or just find one good AB friend that dont mind helping out..try to get a good buddy to join in on the hobby with ya...
    Blah

well I settled for a used kyosho mp777 sp1...its got a xtm .21 pro engine and jammin pipe...here a pic..
    Blah

Thank's AB,

I gonna deffinatly check it out there!!!

Nice looking car!
    Doug

no problem...let us know if you get one!
    Blah

these guys are AWESOME to deal with.

http://www.hobby-sports.com/store.php

I just bought two of these fast as all get out and i run them in a huge church lot parking with the church's blessings lol. when their down i just wheel over to them no prob's oh and did i mention their WICKED FAST lol.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr.../trx_n4tec.htm
    Last edited by air ohs; 07-21-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Thumbs up Go or not

Dear Doctor Wise
    I am 26 years old from India, I am suffering from spinal injury from last four years,
    My injury leve is C5 & C6, Two years back Dr. Kleinbloesem Contacted me, After seeing my MRI scans , Dr. is very hopeful and want to do surgery in november, The cost 15.000 EUR included all except travel cost,
    Please give me suggestion to go or not,
    Pavel