Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Members Helping Members.

Shaun, maybe you could specialize in servicing...

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    i get the blue screen of death often...i believe thats quite an accomplishment when your runing XP
    Na that's not to difficult on XP, never did it on Mac OSX though.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa
    That's really cool Did she get them from Nepal, Tibet or somewhere local?

I'm not quite sure, but I'll ask him.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty

What are your specific areas of expertise that might be of help to other members...?

for example... I'm blonder than normal when it comes to computers, so it would be nice to know if anyont here is really current on software issues...

what do you do in your daily life that's NOT SPECIFICALLY SCI related that might be of some help to other members?

Me?
    My former career was in pyrotechnics, and I doubt that's a help to many, but I'm also a licensed cosmotologist.
    Feisty, I'm with you on the blonder side of PCs. And now with this freaking new vBulletin I occasionally repeat someones post, like this one, because I haven't firgured out how to keep it on top. I also figure I can't be the only one.

Hmmm, not related to SCI? Credit stuff. Part of my last job included Dun & Bradstreet for busines loans and credit lines. I can translate that into consumer credit scores, how to buy a house, fix bad credit and basically work the kinks out of your or my personal finances. Good at taxes and firm believer in TurboTax! It is well worth the money especially if you have everything laid out well before tax day. Then buy it as it goes on super sale 3 days before April 15th.

Oustide gardening kind of stuff. I know, can describe just can't quite do most the real work.

How to raise a great dog from a tiny cute ball of fluff. Not sure about how to scoop the little ones up now. But know how to tell stupid l"ook at me" noises to "I gotta pee NOW" noises. Training, repeating things, how to feed, shots and learning more about how few of these a dog actually should need and get.

Dealing with disasters.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    Me?
    My former career was in pyrotechnics, and I doubt that's a help to many...
    I was a pyromaniac as a kid.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnms
    I was a pyromaniac as a kid.
    I had a best friend when I was a kid who would run around setting random things on fire. Another friend and I were forever following him and stomping out the flames. I don't know where he is now, though. Your first name isn't Jeff, is it? :P
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Skill-free zone. But at least I've not been reduced to offering to service fellow members with an 8-year-dead fish. ROFL @ Shaun.

Hey Shaun, on my little myspace website you got honorable mention as the thing that makes me laugh most (after my goofy kid). So you have your uses...
    Last edited by betheny; 07-22-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Skill-free zone. But at least I've not been reduced to offering to service fellow members with an 8-year-dead fish. ROFL @ Shaun.

Hey Shaun, on my little myspace website you got honorable mention as the thing that makes me laugh most (after my goofy kid). So you have your uses...
    Awww thanks Beth

I have an advanced degree in religion, so if you need to know which world religion believes what; the names of deities you never heard of; how one obscure sect differs with another, i.e. the Evangelical Free Church vs. the Free Evangelical Church (you know you've always wondered!) ... or the 100+ varieties of Baptists and Full-Gospel-Fire-Baptized-Church of blah blah blah, I am definately the guy you need to talk to.

When pushy missionaries come to your door, I am the guy who knows the REAL STORY. On another board right now, I am very popular on a Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes thread, since I know all about Scientology, Operating Thetans, and Xenu. So, you never know when I may be called upon to explain crackpot celebrities and obnoxious strangers!

In addition, since I spent over 10 years deciding that was what my degree should be in, I spent significant time studying politics (particularly Marxism), literature, philosophy, psychology and critical theory, too.

So if you need me to deconstruct some text for you, I'll be glad to do that!
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
    I also have Asperger's syndrome, in addition to CP, and therefore effortlessly memorize lots of inconsequential junk... thus I never forget great movie quotes.
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac