Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Members Helping Members.

Wooosh!
    You mentioned British confectionary, which I assume means something relating to British cuisine. And we all know what a fan Chirac is of British cuisine, don't we? Don't we?

OK, I'm in my own little world. Carry on then.

My areas of expertise: English (I have my M.A.). Literature. Poetics. Expository writing (if you need someone to proofread your essay, PM me). Teaching. ESL instruction. Buddhism. Macintosh computers. Screwing things up.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

^my best friend just gave me prayer flags.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I'm a social work student, starting grad school the end of August. I do a lot of work with children, I work with people who have experienced domestic violence situations and sexual assault, I teach high school kids the differences between a high school 504 plan and a college 504 plan along with being a self advocate, and I'm currently doing work with welfare recipients on how to get and maintain a job. I'm trying to get hooked up with the independent living center near us to do an internship and I would like to get involved in more preventative health for children.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

I'm a music teacher and Scout. I'm also really good at blowing up electrical things. and i know just enough about computers to completely stuff them up, i get the blue screen of death often...i believe thats quite an accomplishment when your runing XP

Quote Originally Posted by feisty
    ^my best friend just gave me prayer flags.
    That's really cool Did she get them from Nepal, Tibet or somewhere local?
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    You mentioned British confectionary, which I assume means something relating to British cuisine. And we all know what a fan Chirac is of British cuisine, don't we? Don't we?

OK, I'm in my own little world. Carry on then.
    Oh, NOW I get what you mean. Sorry I was thick.
    Confectionery means sweets/candy/whatever you lot call it. Sweet treats and the like.
    Talking of which, where are the wine gums? I WANT WINE GUMS! (sobs)

I can help members learn how to get moderated and threads deleted

LMAO Good one.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    I can herd sheep like a mothafucker.

J.
    LMFAO..

I fear ive not much to offer except maybe share my life experiences as a quad of 8yrs now,but i havnt been shown the door yet and so i stay

In my more vertical life i was a logger/truck driver with a brief stint in my somewhat late teens as a commercial fisherman...so if you require any assistance in these fields,perhaps i could service you....WOOPS!...BE OF,be of service to you