Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car seat/pressure issues

Question car seat/pressure issues

car seats and pressure issues..... what do i need to know? i'm re doing my bucket seats getting ready to drive my cutlass.
    Death and taxes

if you're going very far....i'd suggest another wheelchair cushion....i just use the one from my powerchair....

Whenever I drive a long distance I use my Roho cushion. I actually was able to find one on E-bay pretty cheap as a secondary cushion so that I could keep it in the truck. Works out great!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Occasionally move your a@@ around and you'll be fine. An additional cushion is overkill IMO. I'm c6/7 and have been driving cars and trucks for 9 yrs and have NEVER experienced skin brake down.

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon
    Occasionally move your a@@ around and you'll be fine. An additional cushion is overkill IMO. I'm c6/7 and have been driving cars and trucks for 9 yrs and have NEVER experienced skin brake down.
    I AGREE
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I understand what you are saying. I also have noticed that I have a lot fewer spasms when I use my roho in the auto. I'm not even 2 yrs post so I have a long way before I've got anywhere near the experiences you do. I am glad to hear that you haven't had any probs. from driving/riding in the car. I just kinda combine the comfort factor and the sore prevention with my cushion.

Cspine I hope you find the info/ideas/opinions we have here helpful.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon
    What kind of distance? Around town, I'm fine sans cushion... but how about those 3-8hr trips?

yea...thats what i was talking about....depends on how long your gonna be in the car...

Ive never used a cushion driving,from time to time ive put a little piece of foam under my seat cover but thats about it.Ive put in some days of 10-15hrs behind the wheel without a problem...but thats me,and not everyone is the same,so you do whats best for you.Just be sure to keep a close eye on your ass..Cut the seat part out of the bucket and sink a cushion into the hole,ive seen it done..

i shoulda been more specific, its a 1973 olds cutlass. seats back then were made differently. anybody drive old muscle cars? i thougt of building a seat pan to put a w/c cousion on but that may be overkill.
    Death and taxes