Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: What Annoys You?

Okay, it's official: I get to say "Bloody hell!" and Betheny gets to say "Bollocks!" even though we're American.

I also like the way the Brits use the word "Brilliant", as in:

keps, BRILLIANT use of "God's nightgown!"

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
    ~Philo of Alexandria

derf?

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Mom
    Okay, it's official: I get to say "Bloody hell!" and Betheny gets to say "Bollocks!" even though we're American.

I also like the way the Brits use the word "Brilliant", as in:

keps, BRILLIANT use of "God's nightgown!"
    so if you can say that stuff can i say 'spot on'? lol try n stop me!
    Death and taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Few-tuhl (rhymes with feudal) or Few-tile?
    Don't all Americans pronounce it "few-tuhl"? Or am I not correct?

Cspine, "spot on" is only really used by ancient people, or snooty people over here, so I wouldn't advise you use it!

SCI Mom...ok, I'll "allow" you to use the word "brilliant"! LOL.

The DMV! i just got ANOTHER medical evaluation thing i have to do. i guess they think i can afford to keep going to the doctor over and over again. i'm a paraplegic. that's that. what's gonna happen? am i gonna get BETTER and not be able to drive?????!

and insurance. i hate it that they start you off as a terrible driver, and make you pay $750 for six months of liability. that's for my car. my truck is in my dad's name and it's only $200 for six months. WTF?? i have been driving for 2 years now and have not had a single accident, not even ONE ticket!! only pulled over once for speeding when the spedo in my truck wouldn't work when i first started driving it. it used to be only(yeah, ONLY!) $600 for six months, but for some unknown reason they raised it $150. AAAAAAAH!

Keps, not everyone says few-tuhl. Visit the southeast US and you'll hear plenty of "unique" ways to pronounce words.

What is the British word for soft drinks like Coke, Mountain Dew, Sprite, etc? Depending on where you're at over here, people will say either soda, pop, or just call everything Coke.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoul
    Jewel, yeah I am in SC. I am originally from the Midwest--but I fully assimilated this year, went to Talledega with a friend. I know N-O-T-H-I-N-G about Nascar, but he convinced me to go and paid my way. Loved it.

He did, however, start hyperventilating during the crash, when his guy Dale Jr fell back. Thought I might have to let him use my inhaler, lol. He also started throwing his french fries in the air. Some odd southern custom, I guess!

PS: "Bollocks" always makes me think of the Sex Pistols. What a great record that was!
    You should watch the races, you'd love the lingo, it's funny as hell. For instance, I pitched one back in '02 when Jeff Burton "got up under Sterling Marlin, got him loose and turned him into the wall" at 180 mph , fractured his neck and put him out for the season after he'd led point standings for most of the year. I didn't throw any fries though, I'm not familiar with that custom yet .

back to the language thing

just exactly what does LOL mean?
    I kind of get an idea from the context, but I have to say that everytime I see it in posts (and it is there a LOT) it annoys the hell out of me!! Where does it come from?

carbar...its Laughing Out Loud (LOL)

my list (condensed version)

1. People who crunch their ice cubes

2. People who crunch their ice cubes

3. People who crunch their ice cubes

4. People who use "seen" instead of "saw"
    "I seen him at the movie last night"....damn, that hurts my ears
    Last edited by SydneyJo; 07-24-2005 at 12:42 PM.

thanks sydney-jo!
    L.. no, I still don't like it!

This thread is mad!

I have a French friend who learned how to speak English in South Africa and she says 'mad' all the time. Do the rest of you blokes on the other side of the pond say it as well keps?

Carbar, how about ROTFLMFAO?

Rolling on the floor laughing my f***ing ass off.
    Last edited by christopher; 07-24-2005 at 01:09 PM.