Thread: Email Notifications of Specific Users' Posts

Email Notifications of Specific Users' Posts

I may not have dug deep enough to figure this out. I apologize if it's there, but in the old site - I used to be able to select getting emails from specific people each time they posted in a thread or created a new thread. I can't seem to find that option anymore. So for example each day, I would get an email notifications summary with all new posts by Dr. Wise or whomever I picked. Is there a way to do this here?

Stephanie

Stephanie - I couldn't find that option. The only subscriptions I could find are subscribing to threads that you started or replied in. If I find it or hear of it coming in a later release I'll report here.

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff. This forum is much better overall - kudos to you and your team. I did really like this feature of the last forum, because it allowed me to be more passive and it prompted me to login to the site when I saw an interesting post from my email. I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for someone to bring it up, maybe I was the only one who used it? Ha. So if you could mention it to the programmers of the application you're using for this site, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by dzskatgillespie
    ...maybe I was the only one who used it?
    nope, I get busy with other stuff often & I don't always make time to follow the forums. It was helpful.

However, it's easy to simply click a user name and find all their posts, so I don't really miss it.

just my $0.03 (inflation)
    ~ scott

I also used that option a lot on the old site. I was wondering if it would ever be available on here?