Thread: Problems Concentrating and Focusing

Problems Concentrating and Focusing

Any recommendations on herbal remedies to help with concentrating and focusing?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Res...they say saint john's wort helps w/ mental clarity and focus. It's in my multi-vit but I haven't taken it by itself...uhhh... what was the question?

Kap
    accept no substitutes

Before you start adding herbs, which can interact with other medications you are taking, it would be important to survey all your current medications with your physician and pharmacist to find out if this could be a drug side effect or drug interaction effect. It would also be important to be sure you are not being effected by other medical problems or depression, many of which can effect concentration.

If everything is ruled out and you go with herbal remedies, you should clear each one with your physician and pharmacist to be sure that they don't have adverse effects you should know about, and don't have adverse interactions with your meds. Keep in mind as well that in the USA the concentration of herbal remedies is not regulated, so you need to keep in mind variation in dose-effect.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaprikorn1
    Res...they say saint john's wort helps w/ mental clarity and focus. It's in my multi-vit but I haven't taken it by itself...uhhh... what was the question?

Kap
    LOL. I have taken this for quite sometime..and really haven't seen any difference at all. I imagine it depends on what is causing the mental fatigue in the first place.

KLD is right about the quality of some herbal mixtures.

And to even consider mixing these mixtures with other meds. well that should be a complete study in it's own right.

Many of the holistic preparations do what they promote..when mixed by a very experienced practitioner. But many are very expensive and do nothing at all for your unique problem. They do though
    do a number on your bank account when you dive too deeply into it.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Are you taking Neurotin? Some other people I have talked to, including myself have had problems with this medication. Have had problems concentrating, thinking, remembering things. Just something to think about.

Niese