Thread: C reactive protein and SCI

C reactive protein and SCI

Last year on my yearly check up I had a C reactive protein reading of 17. This year it is up to 60, and an alert was sent to my doctor. I do not have a UTI. The maximum according to the report should be 5.

I am concerned. I have had high blood pressure and high tryglicerides for as long as I can remember, my cholesterol readings have usually been in the 140/180 range, with a coefficient in the high 3´s to mid 4´s. My shoulder has been bothering me for some time, I had an ultrasound done on it and nothing was found, but it hurts a little when I move it, and it hurts more when I move it in awkward angles, like up out and back, like throwing a baseball. Sometimes I hear a crack and that hurts a bit more.

Question, is there some correlation between sci and a high c reactive protein reading? Hemorrhoids, inflamed urethra from cathing, swollen legs, or anything else that because of SCI is not easily detectable and would cause a high reading. Even appendicitis perhaps.

Thanks for any input. Nurses?
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I am not aware of any connection, but will try to do a little searching and will get back to you with what I find.
    CKF

I went to see the doctor. He says that dental issues are a very common culprit, maybe helped by my sore shoulder. We´ll start there to see if we can identify the cause.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Just had complete bloodwork and mine is still high at 55.4 ... I know my wound doc suggests there's a tie-in with this and an open wound ... I do have such a wound on my left ankle still, but not nearly as bad.

Normally this is supposed to be a pre-indicator of a heart attack, but no heart disease exists in my family.

My ferritin is low still at 21 (should be between 11-145) so back on ferrous gluconate I go. Also have low creatinine at 40 (should be 60-115) - what gives?

Anyone else found a higher than normal C Reactive Protein number?

Edit: Never mind on creatinine ... http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/liver...ey/203123.html ... Having a low level of blood creatinine indicates nothing more than an efficient and effective pair of kidneys.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 12-11-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Cholesterol was low across the board (hdl, ldl).

Just my red blood cells are small and of poor quality.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Cholesterol was low across the board (hdl, ldl).

Just my red blood cells are small and of poor quality.
    i said cortisol, not cholesterol. but ppl should know the size/shape of their ldls
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/