Thread: Statistics for the CareCure site

Statistics for the CareCure site

The old infopop carecure site had a number of nice statistical features that allowed us to track the number of unique visitors who came to the site every day and the number of page views. At the time of the transfer, we were averaging about 3000 visitors and 60,000 page views per day, 300-800 Mb of data transfer, and about 10,200 registered members.

During the transfer, we discovered that probably about 1800 of the registered members never responded to their email for registration and may have registered again under another name. We are considering deleting all those non-validated registrations that have been unused. So, if that happens in the next week or so, please don't be shocked if the number of registered members fall to 8500 or thereabouts.

We are still exploring different statistical packages for assessing usage of the site. Based on the built in statistic package of the site started yesterday on 18:25 July 7, 2005, we have had 35,178 page hits (what we use to be called page views) and 1,598 visitors, downloading 439 Mb of data over that period. This is not bad for 14 hours, considering the fact that we just changed sites and people may still be searching for us or confused by what has happened.

The database has a total of 48,704 threads and 313,051 posts in the database, of which 716 are polls and 6,308 have attachments. The site had a total of 11,337,223 page views (this goes all the way back to the beginning of the carecure site on July 23, 2001). By the way, we are approaching the fourth birthday of the carecure site on July 23, 2001.

People may have some interest in the all-time most viewed threads and posters
    http://carecure.org/forum/statistic.php?do=forum_hits
    http://carecure.org/forum/statistic....orum_topposter

Page Views

Wise,
    Under the old CureCare forum I could start my day with about three pages of new posts (could not always get past the first page). With this new forum, my day starts with about four pages of topics and several posts in each.

Was the old forum really holding the usage back or is this due to interest in the new forum? I can't easily reason the jump in numbers unless posting was very difficult on some ISPs.

This is nice and quick and easy to get used to and here's wishing a Happy Birthday to CureCare.

Mingo, the number of posts is about 25% higher than before and this may be because of all the questions that people are asking concerning how to use the site, and perhaps people just trying to post. We have been hovering around 380 posts per day for the past few days.

The statistical engine has collected enough information over the past 48 hours to give some insight into what browsers people are using. Of over 4800 users that have come to the site in the past two days, 80% used Internet Explorer 6.0, 8.82% used Firefox, 5.62% used Internet Explorer 5.5 or older, 2.46% used Safari, and 1.18% used Netscape. About 75% use Windows XP.

U.S. visitors account for nearly 85% of the traffic, Canada 2.2%, Norway 0.75%, Italy 0.66%, Australia 0.59%, Germany 0.51%, Singapore 0.42%, and France 0.40%. We have had smaller numbers but a steady flow of visitors from Mexico, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil, Denmark, Netherlands, South Africa, Belgium, Malyasia, Qatar, Spain, Switzerland, Slovak Republic, Croatia/Hrvastska, Pakistan, Israel, Turkey, Finland, Bulgaria, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Portugal, Poland, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Hungary, and Argentina, as well as U.S. military bases around the world.

The average number of visitors per day since July 7, 2005 has been 2,401 per day viewing over 116,189 pages on the site. About 21 of the visitors were search engines from Google (43%), Yahoo (29%), MSN (19%), Altavista (5%), AOL (5%). In addition, we have had an increasing number of spiders/crawlers/searchbot (these are automatic search engines) visits: Yahoo! Slurp (68 times), Google (17 times), and Alexa (10 times), accounting for about 2% of the traffic.

Wise.

Question

People may have some interest in the all-time most viewed threads and posters
    http://carecure.org/fo...p?do=forum_hits
    http://carecure.org/fo...forum_topposter
    Not showing up, Wise.
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

MrSoul,

It does not show up in your quote because you copied the URL's directly from the page rather than using the quote, so that the URL included the ellipses. But, you cannot see them when you click the links from my post? Hmmm, it might be something related to the privileges. Let me see if I can fix that.

Wise.

Wise, nope.

Instead, it says: "Sorry, showing the statistics was deactivated by the administration."
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoul
    Wise, nope.

Instead, it says: "Sorry, showing the statistics was deactivated by the administration."
    We will probably turn on the statistics soon so that people can see them. We were testing them out and some of the statistics are wrong. It still requires a little tweaking. Thanks. Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 07-09-2005 at 02:17 PM.