Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: hemroids!! please help sci nurse

  1. #1
    Senior Member kort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canyon,texas,usa
    Posts
    160

    hemroids!! please help sci nurse

    i have several roids and they have been bleeding more than usal my past 2 programs...today was a non program day and they started bleeding during my shower for no apparant reason , could it be something i ate? what is the best way to stop the bleeding ?
    kort

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    St. George, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    73
    Are you sure they are roids and not a fischer ? I had a fischer one (small tear)and that took a while to heal.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Dodge City, KS
    Posts
    209
    Originally posted by kort:

    i have several roids and they have been bleeding more than usal my past 2 programs...today was a non program day and they started bleeding during my shower for no apparant reason , could it be something i ate? what is the best way to stop the bleeding ?
    kort
    Time for surgery, ASAP. Take care of them before you end up bleeding like a stuck pig and calling 911.

    gOOD LUCK.

    nOEL

  4. #4

    Tell you're PCA

    to go easier when doing you're bowel program and use plenty of lube. Might want to try using preparation H combined with Astroglide as a lube for a while, it has worked for me when I had this problem in the past, unless you're problem is more serious, if it continues bleeding, be a good idea to see you're local proctologist or general doc. Good luck.

    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  5. #5

    I disagree with Noel

    Forget the surgery. It's a total waste.

    Eat lots of fiber and take other steps to establish a BP that provides quick results.

  6. #6

    Hemorrhoids

    Hemorrhoids are very common in SCI. Once you have them, changing your bowel habits or techniques or diet or using topical ointments, etc. will not make them go away, although this can reduce their inflammation.

    We have had great success in using the rubber banding technique for management of hemorrhoids in people with SCI. This can be done with a sigmoidoscopy to assure that you also do not have a fissure.

    Bleeding with bowel care is fairly normal. If you bleed between bowel programs or start to get anemic, or get AD from your hemorrhoids, then need to be treated.

    (KLD)

  7. #7
    Got rid of mine back in 1994 by taking grape seed extract. Been taking it ever since and they've never returned.

    Tim

  8. #8
    Originally posted by wheelz1:

    Are you sure they are roids and not a fischer ? I had a fischer one (small tear)and that took a while to heal.
    That's fissure. Yes I had one that required same day surgery. It progressed from a fissure to a fistula. Fistulas require cutting. Fissures aren't good either.

    The fischer is a small weasel like animal that lives in the north words and is reputed to have lots of power for its size. It lives near the water and has fur that is was trapped for.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hemorrhoids are very common in SCI. Once you have them, changing your bowel habits or techniques or diet or using topical ointments, etc. will not make them go away, although this can reduce their inflammation.

    We have had great success in using the rubber banding technique for management of hemorrhoids in people with SCI. This can be done with a sigmoidoscopy to assure that you also do not have a fissure.

    Bleeding with bowel care is fairly normal. If you bleed between bowel programs or start to get anemic, or get AD from your hemorrhoids, then need to be treated.

    (KLD)

    hello there sci nurse this morning i went to the emergency room because a couple of days ago i noticed when i was doing my bowel program and as i was using my finger for stimulation i noticed there was like a piece of skin flap wasnt sure what it was and i touched it with finger again and it freaked me out so headed to er this mornig dr said i had hemrroids external thank god, well i bled very little maybe a couple of drops but other times i didnt but just noticed that piece of skin wasnt normal for me i thought something was wrong didnt seem normal anything i can do to get rid of them im eating pretty good just have to take some more fiber any advice sci nurse thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •