Thread: Good Wheelchair Vehicle Picture

Good Wheelchair Vehicle Picture

This is a Picture of my 2004 Chevy Colorado showing how great the Wheelchair Access is on this Vehicle. It is practically a level transfer and the wheelchair can be put behind either seat using the reverse opening doors.

Great pic Curt. Any idea of the actual transfer height? Are you using a folding or rigid chair?

Hi Scott

The height is 26", about an inch higher than the cushion of my W/C. To get this height you have to get the truck with the ZQ8 Sport Suspension which is only available with 2wd. It sucks in the snow, but handles like a sports car on dry pavement. In the Winter, I drive my Cadillac Coupe deville which has front wheel drive and goes through anything. Heres another pic of the truck, it is a good looking truck, plus it is great being able to put my handcycle in the back. I use to have a GMC Sonoma 4wd, this truck is so much better.

I use a Folding Quickie IIhp, I am in the truck with the wheelchair in about 30 seconds, no wheel removal. With a non folding chair it might kinda hard getting the chair in the back as it is kind of narrow.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 07-08-2005 at 02:22 PM.

I wonder if they could set one of them up so it could drive it while your sitting in your chair?

Probablly not.... unless your real shorts. Most vehicles don't have the required headroom foor use and the chair

I kind a figured that. It's got to be a van or nothing at all.

Will mrbreeze thats not necesarily so..http://www.kvb.ca/ealift.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Will mrbreeze thats not necesarily so..http://www.kvb.ca/ealift.htm
    Wow! Very cool
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.