Thread: This Time Two Years Ago

This Time Two Years Ago

This time two years ago I sat at my computer in this very room, although a few feet farther away (being 9 months pregnant). I had just been told I was 4cm and soft and was to be induced in the morning. I was worried I wouldn't feel contractions, seeing as how I'd gotten to 4cm with no idea, and was freaking out a bit. Around 7pm I decided I'd rather be safe than sorry (visions of waking up to discover I'd given birth in my sleep lol) and Jose, my mom, and I headed to the Alex. They decided to admit me, as I was having irregular contractions. The next morning, after a long night of pictocin, water breaking and epidurals (because unfelt pain causes my blood pressure to skyrocket), my life changed forever with the birth of Violet Lillian at 8:47 am.
    The last two years have flown by. I can't believe how grown up my little baby girl is. I've enjoyed watching her grow and learn so much. First foods, first steps, first words - so many firsts, for both of us! She came into my world in the midst of the most difficult and challenging time of my life and enriched it forever. I can't imagine my life without her.

Dreams
    -- Langston Hughes
    Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
    For when dreams go
    Life is a barren field
    Frozen with snow.

As we wrote on her birth announcement

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO MY DREAM COME TRUE

You have a beautiful kid there Emi..I can tell in your writing she means the world to you!...

Happy 2nd B-day Violet!!!!..
    Blah

aaawww, made me get teary eyed, in a good way of course. You should save that post and give it to her later on in life.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Emi

You got a great little girl there!!! They sure grow up too fast don't they!

Cherish her every moment!

Doug

Smile

Hi Emi,

I remember vividly the day you first posted the news that baby Violet was born, and how excited I felt for you. It's hard to believe now, that two years have gone by.

You've done a great job Emi, and I wish you all continued happiness.

Happy Birthday Violet!

Darlene
    PS - I guess this means that Mike's twins must also be two years old.