Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got my drivers license today

Smile I got my drivers license today

I am the proud owner of a valid Indiana drivers license. I didn't take any drivers training like everybody around me said I had to. I just made the appointment and used a friends jeep cheroke with hand controls. I think I was as nervous as I was when I was 16. Afterwards Everything was back to normal. Now the task at hand is to get a van. One step down on the way back to total independence.

Congratulations!!! I have no doubt,you will enjoy the freedom once you get your own vehicle. I too was extremely nervous almost as bad as I was when I was 16. When I was 16, it had just started to snow and I was the last person they were going to let takeout for the test. I guess it should have been a sign I was going to have some sort of massive accident driving, the day I got my license, we had a massive blizzard and didn't go to school for two weeks.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Hey,right on man! Congratulations...

Thumbs up Hey Congrat's Joe

From one Indiana driver to another, you'll do just fine. Just like riding a bicycle.

I recall my courtesy drive to get my "affadavit" from the DMV stating I was fit do operate a moving vehicle. Instructor took me through Carmel's downtown and back streets, then onto 465...he wrote "very qualified"....said I was a
    typical woman, talked the whole time... I was so Proud!

Marsha/Queen

I finally started driving again recently and it is quite liberating. I got tired of having to ask someone to take me to town or bring home bread and milk for me.

Granted I don't drive far, but I still drive. I won't drive more than 5-8 miles from my house.

great man, welcome to your new life. like you i didnt have any additional drivers training either, here in ohio. actually i dont know any crips that had additional training, we were all told by our pt's that we needed it to test, but of course we didnt do it. never a question at the bmv either, go figure.

get in your car and go for a nice long ride......
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hey, congratulations jOE...did I spell that right? Do you have any road-trip plans or are you just gonna wait on the van?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Thumbs up

All Right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrat's

I was looking at the restrictions and noticed that I have have glasses, hand controls, a spinner knob, and an automatic transmition. Here's the kicker...I still have my motorcycle endorsment. hahahaha Now if I can only find a motocycle with all of that I will be set. I did think that maybe a trike would be cool to have.

congrats jOE. You are lucky man. I am waiting for my appt with the OT for driver evaluation n training. Hope to get it sooon and get behind the wheel. I cant imagine i have to shell out $$$ to learn driving