Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It has been confirmed!

Smile It has been confirmed!

I am pregnant!! Still worried about the hip and pelvic thing..My general dr. said that a problem it might give me is arthritic pain, but as long as it doesnt hurt the baby im fine!

Congrats! You said you had other kids? How old are they? How long post SCI are you? I encourage you to post your experience here - it will really help pregnant SCI's to ome. The most terrifying part or me was the lack of knowledge/experience with SCi pregnancy.

Congrats Jennifer!!! Keep us all updated! I want kids once I find my right man but have been concerned about pregnancy & my sci. Congrats again!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Thank you Brknwng!
    Emi, I am 3 years post, and I have a 5 year old son. When I was pregnant with him the pregnancy went great! No complications what so ever, had him about 20 min. from arriving at the hospital! My OB said that I was meant to have children..I just hope some of that carries on now,after my sci.
    I will definetly keep you all posted and share my experience! I am really scared, I guess because this is like my 1st pregnancy all over again.
    The sci part really doesnt have me scared because Ive read soo many positive stories..I just cant seem to find much on the hip and pelvis fractures. One plus though is that my mother has scoliosis and her dr. told her to never have kids and she had 2 girls and were both fine! She says if the baby needs room it will make it!

Yay! Congrats! Even though I'm a little young (and totally unprepared) to be having babies right now, I am totally scared by the idea. You should defntely post about it...it could serve as a good log to look back on.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

That's awesome!!
    Like i said before, i've had two successful pregnancies post sci. Don't know about the hip fractures but if you have a good OBGYN they'll keep their eye on that closely.
    please do keep us updated!
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

I finally seen my spinal cord injury Dr. and she said everything nurse said. That I will be fine! and am at no higher risk for anything other than blood clots. She said that with my hip and pelvic fracture that I should consider a c section. As for me and the baby...im feeling fine! Now I just have to wait til August 17th to see my OB

Talking Congrats!

I am so happy to hear this. I was considered a high risk by my doctor but that was 26 yrs ago when I got pregnant. Happily, I worked up to my seventh month. I did meet with a problem in my seventh month but I believe this can happen even to AB women too. I had to stop working because I began spotting. The sonogram showed some problems with the placenta being the prob. I believe it is called "placenta previa". Dr had me or wanted me to stay in bed for the rest of my pregnancy. Being like I am, I stayed in bed part of the time and not always. On the day of son's birth, the placenta was trying to present itself first instead of son's head. I had wanted to have my son by natural childbirth but dr had to do C-section at the last minute. Didn't have any other problems until that time. My son was a healthy 8.5 lb, 21 inch baby. He was not even wrinkled like most babies are. Resembled my dad's face. Of course, I was one happy, proud mama. Went home a week later.

I am sure that having a baby while we are SCI does not mean that it is more riskier than when AB. So be happy, take care of yourself like you need to do under the circumstances of being pg and rest so you can be awake a lot of times when the baby is born. You will need the rest.

Keep us updated.

Raven

Thumbs up Wonderful news

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!!!!! Mazel Tov, and all the rest of it!!!!
    "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Thank you Raven and Mrsoul!