Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice Recognition

Voice Recognition

Notes from Paul Nussbaum:

There is one other issue for people who use Voice Recognition and need to
    surf the site: hands free. There is a command in Dragon that allows the user to scroll down by saying "start scrolling down" or "start scrolling up". First,
    the Voice Rec user has to be using IE and the "start scrolling down" command
    does work on some vBulletin websites. Maybe, I am having this problem because I am using Dragon 7.3 and 8.0 will resolve this issue. My suggestion is to ask Lewis (Mark) if he can test this new site and try the "start scrolling down" command because he is using Dragon 8.0. In the meantime Voice Rec Users will have to say "move down 3, 4, 5, 6," etc. if they need to move down to the next sentence or paragraph to navigate this site hands free. I hope this makes sense to all of you who type.

I still have dragons 7.3 along with having the same problems. I also tried using the page up, page down procedure which will take you to the very bottom of the page, or to the very top, while it should only take you a page length. I have the Dragon 8.0 sitting on my shelf collecting dust, I will blowoff the dust to install it this week. I will let you know then if there's any difference in the performance.

Hello Rick,

Please blow off the dust and install Dragon 8.0. We look forward to your reply. If it doesn't work, there may be a workaround.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Hello Rick,

Please blow off the dust and install Dragon 8.0. We look forward to your reply. If it doesn't work, there may be a workaround.
    Hi Paul, I haven't gotten to it yet but very anxious to get it installed. As soon as my help has a little time will get working on it. Hopefully within the next few days. I'll let you in on any improvements.

I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 8 and I am not able to get the "start scrolling down" or the "Start scrolling up" commands to work. I am having to resort to the "move down 1, 2, 3, etc." in order to scroll down the pages.

Heath

Dragon took a vacation. Hope to have him back to work over the weekend.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Lewis: When Dragon is back at work I look forward to your input regarding this issue. The "Start scrolling up" or "Start scrolling down" is a command that I used 50% of the time, or more, when I was on the InfoPop website. I did find one other vBulletin website where this command worked. It seems to me that this problem would have something to do with Dragon and Internet Explorer instead of this website.

I will send an e-mail to Lunis Orcutt who is a font of information when it comes to Dragon and he has always promptly replied to my e-mails. I will ask for his thoughts and suggestions regarding this issue.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

8. 07-08-2005, 09:18 PM
    Reason
    My e-mail address showed up as my username. My old username was Brian S.

I'm using NaturallySpeaking version 8 and the start scrolling down and start scrolling up commands do not work on this web site. (I wasn't aware of them until I read this post.) I've used a variety of voice commands for scrolling up and down on various web sites. Page down and page up commands work on some web sites, but on others (including this one) these commands will take you all the way to the bottom or top of the page. These same sites are the ones that the scrolling commands do not work.

As an alternative, I use the move up and move down commands with a number between one and seven. Internet Explorer also interprets the space bar as a page down command so you can say "space", "space bar", or "press space bar". I don't know if it's me or Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but sometimes I can't get any of these to work and I have to resort to the mouse, which is a lot of effort for me. It can get frustrating.

By the way, this is my first post on the new web site and I could not dictate directly into the Quick Reply box. I had to dictate into notepad and do a copy and paste. If I click the post reply button at the bottom of the page, I can dictate normally. Any clue?

I am not able to dictate directly into the quick reply using Internet Explorer but with Firefox I am able too. I just use the dictation box when I am using Internet Explorer and everything works out well.

Heath

I also concur that there is a problem with Internet Explorer and trying to dictate directly into the Quick Reply Box. I have no problem dictating into the box when I am using Firefox or Mozilla. MajorGeeks is powered by vBulletin and the "start scrolling down" or "start scrolling up" command will work on the page/link below. Keep the feedback coming.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

One brain is not enough.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com