Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fun poll

Canh you imagine getting aids, then an accidnet and SCI.....and

Then you get central pain form the SCI and you suffer depression, then you become suicidal... and crack up totally.

Have you read MattBlan's Blog?
    BeeBee

fun poll

i do think it is easier to live with aids look at magic johnson he is living is life quite fine and it as been quite a while now i woold trade places with him any day

Quote Originally Posted by j c
    i do think it is easier to live with aids look at magic johnson he is living is life quite fine and it as been quite a while now i woold trade places with him any day
    UUHHMM He is also very rich and can afford to have all the medications he NEEDS to LOOK healthy. He is probably on about 20 to 30 medications a day, not pills, drugs. He is probably not gong to mention to everyone he meets how horrible the side effects of this drugs are. The stigma of AIDS is much more brutal than the stigma that comes with SCI. I've never personally ran into any one that thinks they can catch SCI, but some people still believe they can catch AIDS just by simply being around infected people. At the friend who has AIDS, he was infected much later than Magic Johnson, he can not afford all of the drugs that are needed and is very thin and often sickly looking. He had to have a kidney removed and was out of the hospital in two day's because hospitals are so germ infected and they were afraid he would get sick. I have another friend who had tohave a kidney removed, and she was in the hospital for at least a week. The last several months for an AIDS patient from what I have experienced is a very slow, gruesome, painful, death. I've not heard that about SCI deaths.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Unhappy Don't have Aids but...

I do have Hepatitis C. Got it after ending up SCI'ed. Would gladly take the sci rather than the Hep C. SCI is more tolerable for me than knowing the Hep virus is slowly destroying my liver, spleen and the way my body feels many times.