Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WELCOME to the New CareCure Forums (powered by Vbulletin)

WELCOME to the New CareCure Forums (powered by Vbulletin)

After two days of hard work, the database, user profiles, and attachments have been transferred to a new dedicated server. The new forum software is much faster, offers more options, and should work better than before. Enjoy.

Internet Address. In a few hours, the addresses http://sciwire.com and http://carecure.org will be pointing to the new home page of the carecure web site. The old infopop forums are now read-only and remain up until August 1. Please note that all the forum topics and posts have been transferred to the new site except for any private topic messages that you may have had on the old infopop site. If you want to keep those private messages, you will need to go and copy them onto your computer. You can get to the old infopop carecure site via http://carecure.atinfopop.com

Registration. All the user registrations and profiles have been transferred to the new site, so things should work as they have before except for three things:
    • The avatars (your pictures) may be too big. You should resize the image to less than 80 x 80 pixels so that it does not take up so much space. The avatar file can be directly uploaded to your personal profile. On the CareCure Home Page, there is a resize photo link that allows you to resize files for display on the site.
    • Some of the birthdays did not translate properly in the member profile transfer. You should check to make sure that your birthdays are correct, if you want it to show.
    • The new vBulletin software uses the username as the screen-name. The username cannot be changed. If you want to change your username, you would have to re-register. However, you will lose the history of your previous posts.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 07-04-2005 at 10:00 AM.

2. 07-04-2005, 11:15 AM

Oops didn't log in, the post by a 'guest was' me Emi, under my new account.

Emi, We are trying to find a workaround. The problem may be that the posts are indexed under the original username in the database. That may be why vBulletin doesn't allow people to change their username. They don't have a screen-name feature like Infopop. Wise.

K thanks... I guess my full name will still show on my old posts anyhow... guess I'll just keep using it... but if theres anyway to change it I'd like to.

Emi, your old posts are now by Emi2. Hope that's okay.

Works for me...thanks Jeff!

Very nice job Dr. Young

Thank you very much for your huge work (...again) , Dr. Young. That's an incredible useful website for all of us. Here, we meet people who understand us and, of course, the best place to be updated on research for cure!

Have a nice day

Steve

Unhappy

Thank you Jeff & Team!

Maybe I'm too conservative-but I liked old forums format more!

Bigger letters, topics readable, smiley faces.......

Thumbs up

Great new forums, I really like it
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Emi, We are trying to find a workaround. They don't have a screen-name feature like Infopop. Wise.
    I will continue to look for a workaround but so far I have not been successful.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com