Thread: Neurotrin

Neurotrin

Hi, my wife is taking a drug I think called "Neurotrin" 3 times a day, is it safe and does it have any side effects?

Many SCI's take neurontin for neuropathic pain. The SCI nurses can give you much better info than I can, but dosages vary considerably and there are some side effects. Husband takes between 3200 and 3600 mg/day and side effects are dry mouth, infrequent headaches and occasional "snow blindness" but that is probably extreme. If you run a search on neurontin you will be overwhelmed with information. The "search" is at the top right of the page under where you clicked "new topic". Good luck!

martha

Every medication has the potential to produce side effects. Some of these are a nuisance and need to be weighed against the benefits the person is receiving from the drug. The full list of side effects should be listed on a patient education page included with your prescription from the pharmacist. Neurontin can be helpful to those people who are having neuropathic pain, i.e. burning, tingling, etc. not directly related to the injury. (EMK)