Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Project Walk (yeah!!)

Back to Project Walk (yeah!!)

Time to pack!

We're all looking forward to great things this summer. Sarah is 10.5 months post now and has a lot to work with. She is walking with crutches during pt now, but needs front and back spotters for deficient confidence. Her legs are getting more 'spontanieous' and she is doing squats on the Total Gym at the highest level now.

Her goal is to start high school w/o the chair, she has a long way to go, but she's got the pieces, just needs help putting everything together.

Fatigue in her legs is something we hope gets better this summer. After the TG, (15-20 reps, 3 sets) she's real pooped.

Lack of Confidence is probably her #1 enemy that we hope to defeat this summer.

Thanks for all your prayers and support, I'll keep you posted as best I can.

Rick

good luck. don't forget to have some fun too!
    best wishes to Sarah and to the rest of the family.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

Awsome! So glad that she will have the oppertunity to be back at PW. She sounds like a fighter and she knows what she wants. I wish her the best and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers as she dives into the intense PT. Good Luck and Best Wishes. Medic

Have a safe trip to Cali. Sarah, work hard!

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Rick, wishing the very best to Sarah, you, and the rest of your family. We're all with you!

rickhemi,
    You sound so excited. I am sure glad you were able to get out to PW for a fair amount of time. I look back to the first days, weeks at PW, when I was staying in a hotel in CA. while Jess attended. I have mixed feelings about being there. Only six months into his injury, we had alot of hope that he would walk after the two year program was up. Month by month that didnt happen. He did get better, got stronger and is still getting stronger. He is home now, doing his 3 day a week therapy with his brother. Had to get a TG and he is doing so well on it. He can actually do leg presses and is getting stronger pushes. He can do situps pretty well with a little help holding onto Berts fingers. Cant lock those knees yet, but I am hoping that will come in time. Guess what I am trying to get across is that with Sarahs return that she has right now, I wouldnt doubt that she will be out of her chair at school time with the therapy at PW. I really do believe that without PW, Jess would not have what he has right now, even though he isnt walking. We learned what to do and how to do it the right way. But if Jess can improve as much as he did starting from where he started, just think how far Sarah should be able to go. I dont know what to say about her lack of confidence. I know at PW they made anyone who used the CANT word put 25 cents into a bucket. Jess was good for that. CANT CANT CANT. But I dont think he ever put that quarter in.

Amanda - yes, fun is on the menu!

medic (Sarah?) - thanks for the well wishes, Sarah is a tough little girl, just needs to trust herself again.

Novie - will do.

Bruce - thanks for your friendship. Kate and yourself are very dear to me.

Jo - Thanks for your insight and encouragement, Jess is and will remain in our prayers for continued recovery. Sarah is big on that 'can't' word, I hope PW has a big bucket and holds Sarah to it!

Rick

awesome rick, do everything you can to get her out of that chair..push her hard.

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Hey Rick

I hope you guys have a wonderful summer. I am confident that Sarah will continue to see significant improvement. I hope you enjoy the house and the sunny weather in San Diego!

Best to you and your family,

Noah

Dinner has been cancelled due to a lack of hustle. Deal with it.

Thanks Jung, will do. The sooner the better.

Noah - I'm trully sorry we're not going to see ya this time around. Thank you for the stay. We won't take it for granted.

Rick