Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone find a diet that works to maintain current weight or weight loss

Isnt this thread started in 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by TMAZ View Post
    Isnt this thread started in 2005?
    that's okay, my quad belly started in 1979

Good post dog. It's amazing how much (1) water can quell those hunger pangs. I'm constantly sipping on water. Good advice on (2) regarding fruit. Especially the spinach. Your breakfast idea (5) with oatmeal & yogurt & fruit is my daily breakfast. With a protein shake.

My latest protein blast is a boiled egg sliced. A little pepper, a thin slice of feta, and a large pinch of sprouts on each slice.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Senor Coffee - you don't want to turn into a 'manorexic' obsessing too much about weight - I have to watch that tendency too. With that said, here is what I do:

Here are my dietary rules:
    1. Drink water. Really drink it like it is medicine and have a .5 Liter bottle of H20 with you. Try to drink one after awakening, one at lunch and another one at 4pm. IF you feel like eating, start with drinking the water, That may fill up your stomach and you realize you weren't really hungry after all. I get up at 5am and try to guzzle the .5 L like medicine. I think 75% of people walk or roll around dehydrated and have headaches and fatigue from it.

2. After you drink the water like it is medicine, have a piece of fruit like an apple or an orange or some grapes. Then have a vegetable
    like a carrot, bell pepper or some cherry tomatos - finger food. Or take a hand full of spinach , and eat it plain. out of your hand. I eat this as a nutripharmaceutical.

2a - get a bottle of Nordic Natural fish oil like - sardine or any of those that have a lot of the right Omega 3 fatty acids. Have 2 tsp a day. Take it like medicine.

3. After these 2 steps, ask yourself if you are still hungry. Then have protein, I see you eat cottage cheese, make sure it is non fat CC. It is good stuff if you don't have to worry about all the sodium in the food. Other choices, cold chicken breast. We buy boned skinless breasts and cook maybe 3 at a time on an indoor grill and then put them in tupperware in the fridge. My deal is to eat them with a large amount of CHALULA sauce. Other choices , tunafish, non fat yogurt with soy protein powder. The PP increases the amount of protein in the yogurt. Eat eggwhites. 1 cup of egg whites is a great snack (must use Chalula sauce).

5. If still hungry, now eat some complex carbs - steel cut oats mixed into the yogurt and pp with some fruit is my basic breakfast. You can have whole wheat toast (and eat it with the egg whites).

6. Drink skim milk. - 2 cups a day. I do that with my coffee , latte style.

7. quit eating at 8 pm ever day.

If you do these 7 things plus increase your aerobic exercise
    you will do well.

good luck
    arndog

Great advice Arndog! When I talked to my doctor about weight loss tips, one of the first things she said was "Water, water, water". She said it induces a reaction by the brain - I'm not sure about that part, but perhaps a signal of being full.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    that's okay, my quad belly started in 1979

I was suprised everyone was telling Cory whats up but he is a seasoned veteran now...Lol..All good information though!

Quote Originally Posted by TMAZ View Post
    I was suprised everyone was telling Cory whats up but he is a seasoned veteran now...Lol..All good information though!
    yes, I have a feeling the California girls have distracted Cory from his quad belly...and CC

Smile hCG drops and Eleotin Mb Tea

Hi,
    I am trying to remove 20 Lbs from my frame.
    This winter was very Looong in Canada and me and my wife decided to get some help from advertised and popular "Natural" diet programs.
    After some research I have ordered bottle of the real hCG drops:
    http://hcgdietjourney.com/hcg-diet-supplies/
    Just order them online - I will report about results here.
    If anyone know any reason why I should not take them as C-6 Incomplete, please tell me now.

My wife has decided to go with some Herbal Tea's (Detox and Eleotin Mb)
    I will also report any changes here....
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

About two years ago, I started eating fish 3 times a week. Fish and vegetables and beans, or fish and rice, or fish and a baked potato.
    Three nights a week I purposely eat healthy.

The other days I eat normally, fatty foods included (steaks, roasts, pork chops with fat, hamburgers, etc.). I've lost a lot of weight doing this. So much so, that when I had my baclofen pump replaced, the sutures broke open twice because I don't have much subcutaneous fat to surround and protect the pump.

I eat cereal with fiber, a banana and a bagel for breakfast. Skip lunch, or have a yogurt or a sandwich. I have a candy bar every night for desert.

YMMV.

I may be dying from mercury poisoning, but I eat the types of fish that have the lowest amounts of mercury.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Just to add- I recently made the switch to whole wheat pasta, and it's rad. it's nice that even on nights when you want to cook something easy, you don't have to compromise that much diet-wise.

I read an article that said during the switch if you're having problems, to half your pasta 50/50 to get used to the taste difference, and it would make it easier.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I have one, it works, BUT I must admit coming from another dude, it does sound a little gay....

Weight Watchers.

My wife went on the WW points diet and exersize and has lost a lot of weight. I basically followed the same system and have indeed lost weight.

I sort of estimated my "point" intake and I exersize with a heavy leaning toward cardio exersize rather than strength I am not interested in building muscle I want to burn calories only, any extra strength that I can retain is a bonus though.

I take in below my maximum "point" allocation each day and exersize every day for at least 20 minutes and it is working...though i stress it is slow going, but you do see results if you stick to it.