Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics. of gym..

Pics. of gym..

Herco,here's a couple of pictures of the setup that I have..

I'm not sure that it is a solution for everyone but for me it has worked out fine..

You may want to look at a rehab center or gym that has one setup and look it over before you make a decision..

Pic. 2

Post same pic. twice,sorry..This should be other veiw..

Thanks Brent, It looks great. I love how compact it is.

Dave

Its better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

That is really cool.Sure doesnt take as much room as my uppertone,i may look into this..Thanks for the pics Brent.

~~If it feels good do it even if ya shouldnt,dont let people mess you around~~

A pic really is worth a thousand words. Nice to be able to visualize it. Thanks.

Do you find the slight incline of the backs to give you any trouble getting "back" to the stations at all? Keep wondering if you get any chair "tip" when pushing.

Haven't posted in my thread lately, was checking with my brother, he has a home gym they aren't using anymore. Was gonna give it to me Unfortunately it looks too big and has a "lot" of recline to the backs.

Oh well, the decision continues...

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Brent are you a quad? If so, is it hard to use the bicep curl?

Sure thing Shaun,glad to be of any help if I can..

McD,I haven't had any trouble with tipping..The frame and backs are on an 85 degree angle,just guessing,the back of my chair is about the same so they mesh together pretty good and I always keep my brakes locked..The only time that I've had any problems with tipping was when using the pulley to do ab exercise with..I use it to do tricep extensions and I tried to budge too much weight once,then my chair tipped a little..

The main thing that I liked about it Dave was that it was within my budget and it is somewhat similar to some of the machines designed for a person using a chair..And I also had the help and equipment to do any modifying that I might need..

It may be an alternative for some people..For sure,it beats having to pay the extra cost for a gym designed for a person using a chair..

jlaubham,I'm c 6-7 quad..I've not had any problems with doing curls or any other pulling exercises..

I use velcroed wrist cuffs or ankle cuffs that have metal O rings attached..On the gym I added an S-hook to the cable and chain used for curling and did the same with the lat-pull..

So far this has been the easiest way to do the exercises that I have found..

Hey Brent, just got back around to the planning stage.

Don't know how I missed it before but, the curling station you have on your setup; in all the pics I see at online retailers this doesn't exist. They just show the bar laying on the floor. I don't even see it as an option.

Am I just missing something or did you do some *real* mods to yours?

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"