Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sit Tall Stand Tall Program

I would not recommend Sit Tall Stand Tall - I felt as if I was in danger on the first day of the evaluation week. A person should not be worked to the point of being in so much pain the next day that they cannot get out of bed (yes it happened to me).

I'm currently working on PT and leg braces to walk again. We're waiting for the braces to come back from being re-done so they'll be the correct size. My insurance paid for the braces and PT after fighting for a while.

i am sorry to hear about sit tall stand tall i will stay away from it
    i disagree, however, that a person should not be worked to point of being in so much pain next day

that actually makes me like the sit tall stand tall program more.
    that is the cure of SCI, physical therapy like that

Freedomdan,
    Most insurances should cover leg braces..

Pain to the point of agony is not good but soreness after working out is good.

amarillogal what type of pain where you in?

The dude was absolutely abusive toward me. I was in so much pain all over my body that I could not get out of bed the next day without groaning. There is a difference beteween being sore from a good work out and being in over whelming pain. I'll gladly be sore for a day or so from working out, but not so much to where I cannot function. Also, the guy from Sit Tall Stand Tall would not allow me to rest when needed do to my heart problems. For me, the program was overly dangerous for my situation. I have made a great deal of progess since starting to work on this in PT over the last year without being bed ridden from pain. So, I'll stick to my local guys for now.

defintely doesn't sound like a healthy sore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedomdan
    i am sorry to hear about sit tall stand tall i will stay away from it
    i disagree, however, that a person should not be worked to point of being in so much pain next day

that actually makes me like the sit tall stand tall program more.
    that is the cure of SCI, physical therapy like that
    Being you are not SCI or disabled, you obviously are clueless about this. Being in pain to the point it is impossible to get out of bed is not good.

I do not have SCI but I am disabled
    Maybe it is not good to be in that pain. But I say its better than nothing...But I agree that soreness from workout is better than pain

Right there is a difference between soreness from muscles getting a good work out but there is also a pain that means your tendons are tearing or you tore somthing, then its not good.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Did the client update videos turn anyone else off? Taking 3 minutes to cross the street might work in that rural dead end, but anywhere else you'd hold up traffic (not to mention the embarassment when old ladies help YOU across the street).

I'm definitely not dissing the clients; they are probably the most dedicated and toughest workers I've seen. But that pace alone would make most of the things I do daily impossible: shopping, school, large hills and declines etc.

Maybe I've just become more accepting of the chair. I still work out hard and keep everything in shape, but I also have a life to live. Most deterring, I feel the guy who runs it would beat me with a cain if I didn't slowmo hobble full-time.

f
    ight

i agree with you donz
    and i am also weary of the time frame, i heard you must be there for 6 months, at $600/month.

however, walking, however slow as it might be, is it not better than chair? of course go on chair for long distances, but still...