Thread: speaker phones

speaker phones

Are there any speaker phones that work without electricity (i.e. when the power goes out?) This morning, we had a power outage, I was in bed. My phone doesn't work without electricity, so I couldn't call the electric company. More importantly, had the outage lasted a long time (it lasted an hour and a quarter, so not a big deal), and I needed something, I wouldn't have been able to call one of the neighbors who has keys to the house, or one of my aides who has keys. That's not good.

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

Nerve Center Telnet BBS - tncbbs.no-ip.com

Why not go buy a small UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply) to hook to the one you have now.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

my cell has a speakerphone feature.

my speaker phone works without power. it's an old ATT. also i bought a cheap one at wal-mart ythat does not require electricity

jack

I have a speaker phone on my cell phone, it is possible for the network to go down though.

Dave

Mine's also an old AT&T, but obviously a different model.

Alan

rc 200 is an excellent phone...has a 9volt back-up battery in case of power failure and recharges the battery when power returns. you have choice of voice activation, manual or remote answering. speakerphone is pricy $399. but i qualified for a free phone through the handicapped division of verizon (bell atlantic). you must have limited mortor fnction.
    http://store.yahoo.com/fos/dialrc200spe.html

Originally posted by robeec:

rc 200 is an excellent phone...has a 9volt back-up battery in case of power failure and recharges the battery when power returns. you have choice of voice activation, manual or remote answering. speakerphone is pricy $399. but i qualified for a free phone through the handicapped division of verizon (bell atlantic). you must have limited mortor fnction.
    http://store.yahoo.com/fos/dialrc200spe.html

That I have, if being a C-5 counts. Do you know who I should speak with to get me to someone in the handicapped division?

Alan