Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lite Gait Training

Heyyy! Check yours back~

Well, we will just keep on trying to figure this harness thing out...I may have to invent something here, I have a few thoughts I have to mull over first before I share them~

Yep, Mudbogging. A mud pit. Not a very easy one to even try and get somewhere in this year, people were bumming trying to do so with the stock trucks btw...but still a good time and yes, a mess! Kid had seven others to go up against and won first place in his class. Woo Hoo!

He races the Sportsman class, basically your stock truck w/ maximum 33" d.o.t. tires and stock engine. Uses hand controls. We help him into the truck and off he goes. They have a long towing cable hooked up to the trucks, they drag into the pit with them. Then hook the other end up to a Cat to pull them out backwards if they don't get through, which many don't. LOL. It's a pretty cheap, relatively safe and easily adaptive type racing if you have an old beater truck to begin with~

teesieme we have a harness that is to small for ryan. Its a maine gravity harness if your son is a small I would be willing to send it you to try for awhile. Its good for men but not women to tight across chest foster

Teresa, yes, mudbogging .. sounds fun .. congrats to your son .. guess we'll have to add it to the list of CareCure-approved exercises

Foster, how very kind and truly thoughtful of you. I have been in need of a hug, and you just did so with your offer...but my son is quite broad across the shoulders and arms. Perhaps someone else in CareCure following this topic may be in need also?
    I truly appreciate your offer though! Wow~
    and

Originally posted by projectorguy:

Teresa, yes, mudbogging .. sounds fun .. congrats to your son .. guess we'll have to add it to the list of CareCure-approved exercises
    Mudbogging: heart pumping, loud reving, mud slinging therapy for the soul!

Thats what happen Ryan outgrew it we had a med. but change to a small wish we stuck with the med. We are in this together anything to help.

Well, I guess there are some pretty new harnesses out there that offer less groin pressure and hold a person up from the sides of the harness systems instead. So I am going to wait to see what the new lite gait equipment has to offer in September, before I proceed in purchasing one.
    In the meantime between the old harness and perhaps a rock climbers harness system will do until then.
    He walked assisted a few minutes at a time yesterday, said it felt right, felt good~ just a bit uncomfortable due to the harness and a few spasms that probably came about from the discomfort.

Great that he got up in the harness. Doing bouts of a few minutes at a time is fine. Down in Florida I usually went five minutes at a time, maybe up to eight max. If he can work his way up to twenty to thirty total minutes a session, that will be very good. I hope you can solve the harness problems soon!

LiteGait

Xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by cathy j View Post
    wow, teesieme,
    that's great! And not too far from home!? Priceless!
    Dan could never qualify for lite gait training, so we rented one ourselves! Then my husb. Big dan built one!
    B/c dan doesn't have much trunk control, it was difficult, but that's where we saw his first reflex come back! The most difficult was getting the harness perfect.
    That is wonderful news, keep us posted!
    Cathy and dan j
    Last edited by hunte028; 08-24-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Xxxxx
    Last edited by hunte028; 08-24-2011 at 02:25 PM.