Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next Steps in Chicago

JJ, I hate those days too, when it seems like it's two steps forward, then four steps back. I guess I try to do what I can and keep an eye on the bigger picture that shows that, over the long haul, my exercising pays off in better function and better feelings about myself and my life. Take care and keep plugging!

JJ, your legs are exhausted, just ask Jess how often things like that happen to him at PW, and he doesnt get to take steps like your legs did. He has those good days and bad days, even with the therapy he is doing. And I am still not use to hearing him say 'I had lazy legs today'. Makes me wonder immediately how long those lazy legs will remain lazy. And then the next session he does good. I know you arent worried about it but frustration comes with the package, doesnt it. But it sounds like you are doing absolutely wonderful there. Good luck.

JJ, hang in there. Remember to give your muscles recovery time in between therapies. After Joe went last week, he could hardly functin the next day. I had a heck of a time doing his range of motion his tone and spasms were so bad. I think his muscles were rebelling against being worked out so hard.
    I was so impressed by the staff at Next Steps. They are awesome and they truly believe that spinal cord injured people can get better. Joe and I are really excited about going there. His first real therapy is tomorrow.
    Next time I see you there, I'll be sure to cheer you on!!!!!!

Stacey

Gang, is the cost comparable
    to SCI-step and Project Walk?

I checked the website for details,
    they're not heavy on them.

Joe

The cost is much more reasonable than Project Walk. I had checked out Project Walk a year ago for Joe. But it was just way out of my price range besides being so far away. Joe went for the first time yesterday and it was awesome!!
    Stacey

Outstanding! Probably newer equipment too!

Sweet!

Joe

Had a fantastic day in therapy today and it was well needed. I was able to walk 7 lengths of the parallel bars (70ft) without holding on to anything. Also I walked 30ft in the hallway just dribbling a basketball. I managed to leg press about 300lbs 15 times in the total gym too. It was about time I had 1 of these days in therapy.

JJ