Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FES, Alternative.

FES, Alternative.

I know this sounds crazy but i'm being completely honest! Great thinkers like, Einstein, Bell South, The 'Wright Brothers, naming a few were considered crazy too, BUT, Being my therapists gave up on me long ago i got myself where I am with creativity. My question may sound nuts, but i'll do what i must! Usings my own electrodes and wires, lol, sensors? How much power would be too much? I'm considering a 12 volt battery, maybe lesser charge, tightening one wire, and just touching other the wire to the battery every so often for my desired stimulation. What volt what be most beneficial?

--fast

If you start to smell burning flesh, you've probably got too much juice.

Fast, please don't try that, there's more involved in FES besides sending a jolt of electricity to the muscle. It's a combination of wave lengths and currents specifically adjusted to stimulate contractions in fast twitch muscles. It is not the equivalent of electrocution. Even FES in the wrong or untrained hands can lead to burns and muscle damage.

Fast,
    I think you are trying to give seneca a heart attack with the inventions you are coming up with )

Originally posted by Rick:

If you start to smell burning flesh, you've probably got too much juice.
    lol, better shave your legs because you probably will fry those little hairs too.

What one man can do another can do

um, fast... let me just say something here.

that's freakin' stupid.

a 12 volt battery is no substitute for FES; I can almost guarantee you'll send yourself to the ER sooner or later. There's a reason FES is fully computerized & it's engineered as it is. Even the stim units w/ the pads & gel & stuff are a bit more advanced than you'd think.

but heck, if you want to try it, I'm interested to hear about it... I just think it's dumb. Maybe you could contact MTV & the Jackass crew to film it

(I only say all that b/c you say you're serious)

peace man,
    ~ scott

Originally posted by scott (jmu):

um, fast... let me just say something here.

_that's freakin' stupid._

a 12 volt battery is no substitute for FES; I can almost guarantee you'll send yourself to the ER sooner or later. There's a reason FES is fully computerized & it's engineered as it is. Even the stim units w/ the pads & gel & stuff are a bit more advanced than you'd think.

but heck, if you want to try it, I'm interested to hear about it... I just think it's dumb. Maybe you could contact MTV & the Jackass crew to film it

_(I only say all that b/c you say you're serious)_

peace man,
    ~ scott

--fast
    A true genius can take a pile of crap, gadgets etc...and turn it into something phenomenal! I'm sure you mustn't have much of a creative mind . I'll say this in a kind humble way, I could b*tch slap you with slang, and demoralization, as you, but I won't being I'm wiser. You depend on man to get you out of your chair, ok? If you have money to blow, more power to ya pal. As for me, I will do what I must, with out x'ing out all possibilities and letting others do my thinking for me as well. My mind isn't shallow as you 'ass'-ume. All you see is wires, a battery, electrodes and junk. I see myself devising my own FES researched developed computerized FES system. As far as my mind is concerned, I will plainly say, it certainly must reach boundary's your mind mustn't be able to phathom. "If one man can build something, so can another, and possibly better with well researched high tech as a model basis". Tell this c4 quad how dumb he is when you see him walking and you are sitting on your a-ss pointing fingers begging others to fix you. I do not know you, but my question is- Alex, I'll take, what is a "Nanobacteria." , for $500.00?

Ps. And I only say this in being you act like a dumb-ass and under estimate my abilities. Do you view Dr's in their lab coats as dumb jack-asses as well? Or must a man/woman need a white lab coat in which says Dr. Jackass know it all, or Dr, of sciencetific i'll fix yer a-ss? Think before you hi-jack my thread and start name calling. It seems you are a pessimist!

Peace man, and GodBless ya!

--fast

[This message was edited by fastasaturtle on 12-23-03 at 10:08 PM.]

hehe... ok, look. I never called you any names, and I never took a pessimist attitude. Realistically speaking, all you mentioned was a 12 volt battery + wires... nothing scientific or even medical. If you devise something that is beneficial, more power to you! Several of us here at CC would be behind you all the way. But think realistically & be sure you cover all the bases w/ your concept. There's a heck of a lot more than electric shock therapy that it'd take to make a quad walk again (I'm one too). I'm happy to be proven wrong though

BTW, you haven't seen the show "Jackass", have you? It was on MTV... I didn't figure you'd take that as name calling. My apologies.

peace,
    ~ scott

Originally posted by scott (jmu):

BTW, you haven't seen _the show_ _"Jackass"_, have you? It was on MTV... I didn't figure you'd take that as name calling. My apologies.

peace,
    ~ scott

Hey pal, I wasn't specific enough in my rabbling huh/ LOL No I've never saw that show on MTV, It sounds like a riot though! My apologies as well:-) With hope, faith, God, and science and creative ideas, we will over come this insane sci world

--joey

Originally posted by fastasaturtle:

With hope, faith, God, and science and creative ideas, we will over come this insane sci world
    agreed 100%. no hard feelings here

cheers,
    ~ scott

p.s. you didn't miss much by not seeing any episodes of Jackass. It was a pretty dumb show... just stupid guys doing stupid things... humorous in a sadistic way, but otherwise a waste of time