Thread: Abdominal muscles issue

Abdominal muscles issue

Hello everyone, I ended up being paraplegic (T5) after a motor bike occured in 1987, I'm 37. Due to the rather high level of my injury, my abdominal muscles are loose. That gives me a "fat" appearance which does not correspond to my real situation (Height 187cm/Weight 80kg). I've already tried to stimulate my ab muscles with external electrodes without success. Any advice, suggestion for me to recover a "normal" belly ? Tx.

I'm right there with ya!
    T5-6 as well.

Have the same problem.
    But from what I understand, due to the injury we are pretty much stuck like this.
    The only minor help would be to wear a binder to lower back support.

Hi my friend of misery !
    I indeed do wear a large belt that helps but I still hope somebody out there knows a more comfortable solution which could improve our current situation.
    I know, I am an uncurable optimist !

Yves

Me 3!!! I'm T5-6 and heard the same thing. Maybe we should get bigger clothing..eyyy?

In my opinion, try, try, and try again! For years with only my head and neck muscles i tried sit ups using only my head and neck, doing hundreds of my quad version of sit ups daily. Years later, I get arms, shoulders, and now 15.4 years later, upper abs and lower back muscles. One cant, and musn't give up IMO. Yes i have a lil quad gut, but laying flat in bed my stomach seems attractive and flat. Never give up, fight till your death with determination, atleast you'll know you gave it your all.

--Hard work, hope, faith, never-giving up.

Hi 4wheels,

I have a gut problem but it is more of a funtional problem. I have had a colostomy and will probably have to get another one again. The first one was really a mess.

I am looking for electrical stimulation of my bowels and was wondering what stimulation device you have used. This slow motility issue is the pitts.

David