Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vitaglide

vitaglide

im going to pick one of these up to add to my home gym, cheap enough. there a article in the current nm about the miami project and they are testing one, think it may be the next big crip cardio thing.
    LINK
    http://www.rmtfitness.com/index.html

[This message was edited by fuentejps on 11-09-03 at 03:40 PM.]

Looks interesting Fuentejps, thanks for the link.

At $795, that is indeed reasonable. I also like the fact that they actually have a person with spinal cord injury demonstrating the device in the movie. Wise.

i figure ive been using a stationary handcycle for 40 min everyday for 10 years incorporating that w/ my upper body workout. my shoulders get achy sometimes, so at 31, ill mix it up a bit w/ the vita glide. it is cheap comparitivly.

Wow, looks like a good Machine for $795, I would think it would work different muscles than a stationary handcycle too. I love innovation. Good post Fuen.

I would think this might be a good piece of equipment for commercial health clubs to think about getting, it would be good for a/b's too when used with a seat adaptor.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yeah - Looks really great. I sure could use anything that will help prevent shoulder injuries while strengthening. I wonder if they have quad grips or handles. I would need them as I couldn't grip the handle well enough without some kind of assistive device.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Originally posted by Jeff:

Yeah - Looks really great. I sure could use anything that will help prevent shoulder injuries while strengthening. I wonder if they have quad grips or handles. I would need them as I couldn't grip the handle well enough without some kind of assistive device.

jeff that was a quad demoing it.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/wavey.gif ~

fuentejps - That quad seemed to have fairly tight fingers. My fingers couldn't stay curled around a handle like that. Pulling back would straighten them out.

Maybe I would just tape my hands to the handles.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Has anyone tested the vitaglide?

I think it looks uncomfortable. I tried to mimic the motion and it feels a bit awkward to me.

Just asking because it is well priced and seems offer a good workout.

miami project is testing now, very positive about it. that motion seems very comfortable to me especially after 40 min on my saratoga.,

Originally posted by AO:

Has anyone tested the vitaglide?

I think it looks uncomfortable. I tried to mimic the motion and it feels a bit awkward to me.

Just asking because it is well priced and seems offer a good workout.