Thread: yoga

yoga

Has anyone attempted any yoga post ijury? If so, any tips?

live...love...laugh

Dunno bout yoga, Amanda, but a whole bunch of chiquitas out here are getting into pilates, me being one of them. My friend started out doing it, the pilates instructor got really excited and agreed to start a SCI friendly workout. We start in a couple of weeks. I know one of the girls who has been doing it, managed to straighten out a curve that had begun to form in her spine. Man, if I had know about this stuff when I was a kid, I'm sure I wouldn't be in half the trouble I am in now.

Good luck, and when I get some cool exercises, I'll post them

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

What injury level are you? I'm c5-6 incomp. and I use some yoga moves. It's so good for flexibility, if you have abs it stirs up your digestion, if you can stand at all it's great for building muscle.

Everyone always cautions, tho-if you can't feel, it's easy to push to far and tear or break something. Be careful.

Beth,
    I am also c5/c6. no abs, or standing, but lots of will!
    Globechaser,
    Thankx for the input! Keep me updated on the pilates. I'm very curious about that too. Don't know much about it, but would like to learn. I know that yoga involves spirituality along with physical aspects, does pilates? Want to find out the best way to keep this new body of mine up to par!

live...love...laugh

Hey globe- any updates on this?...Is it da bomb, not-so-hot, so-so, dunno 'cause haven't done it yet?

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt