Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legs take steps at Sci-Step!

Legs take steps at Sci-Step!

Yes, it's true! Attempting for the first time, John was able to take steps last Saturday without his braces! Having already mastered walking in the pool and with KFO's, John walked across the facility multiple times using a set of rolling side bars for support! It was amazing and proves that his hard work is paying off. He even got fancy and went backwards too! We are so excited for him! To top off the day, he did about 25 deep squats on the total gym unassisted as well.

Yianni can now lock out his knees on the TotalGym and Anne and Cody are both standing unassisted with the parastep.

Way to go everyone!

Michele-Excellent news! Tell John to keep up the fight!

wAY TO GO JOHN, GREAT JOB. LOOKS LIKE HARD WORK IS PAYING OFF FOR ALL. HEY CODY WE NEED A PICTURE STANDING ON THE PARASTEP. LOVE YOU COCO

Yes, great news!

amen!!!! excellent news indeed! thanks for the update....keep on keepin' on!

It is great to hear that so many on this forum are participating in some type of exercise! Keep it up! We are sure proud of those we have worked with!

After listening to the feedback of those who want to start a program, Sci-Step has now added to your options! In addition to the "model" program, we are now creating custom programs to meet the needs of all individuals. This will now allow all those interested in the facility to take part.

Although we still believe that the current intense model is the best option for recovery, those needing just few hours per week are not excluded.

Check the website (www.sci-step.com) for updates on the program and our clients!

Just wanted to update all those interested on our personal progress. Things are going great and each of us currently participating at Sci-Step look forward to getting up each morning to work hard.

I stood and took 2 steps last week for the first time wearing my new KFO's. Although that is not how I want to get around all the time, it was a goal of mine and now I can cross that off the list too!!

Cody is developing much more stength and endurance in his hip flexors and is quickly mastering the ParaStep. His legs are developing and you can see his muscle when they contract! I even saw him take steps in the pool last week!

Yianni's manual chair has just been ordered and it will be great to see him out of his big "quad chair". I can't believe the physical changes that his body has made!

Just Saturday, John walked on the treadmill for about 3 minutes only holding on the the bars! No braces, no harness... nothing!!!

Sci-Step creates a family atmosphere for everyone, visiting or participating. As many of you know, some days are harder than others but with the support of those here, we can do it.

Please keep watching us on www.sci-step.com!

Thats great news Princessanne, on all of you. I can not wait to meet all of you at Sci/Step. I am so glad Cody is doing good. Good luck to you all.

Check out these videos of Cody! He is making great progess and this shows how hard he is working...

www.sci-step.com/pictures_of_cody.htm
    Great job Cody!!

Keep posted for recent videos of Yianni's tremendous accomplishments as well...

Originally posted by Michele Brock:

Check out these videos of Cody! He is making great progess and this shows how hard he is working...
    http://www.sci-step.com/pictures_of_cody.htm
    Great job Cody!!
    Keep posted for recent videos of Yianni's tremendous accomplishments as well...
    Michele,
    We often check your website, it is great news, everybody makes progress!!! Their hard work and dedication of the SCI-Step therapists pay off, indeed.
    I was impressed when I visited the facility in September. I noticed your clients working out with two therapists at one time. I don't find that at the conventional rehab centers which my daughter has attended after her injury. You guys have fantastic equipment there, especially the one for balance and gait training attracted my attention. The facility has atmosphere of motivation...
    Thank you.
    Hallina (Patti's mom)