Thread: intensive rehab centers like PW in Europe?

intensive rehab centers like PW in Europe?

Hello everybody!
    I think there must be some good recuperation institues across Europe that do more or less the same workout program as, for instance, Project Walk.
    From what I've read here so far, there is such a center in Spain, that is also for people with complete chronic injuries.
    Does anybody know of any others? I am very much itnerested in following such a therapy..

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

My recommendation as of tonight...is find a sports trainer. CONSULT with a physical therapist...and RIGHT UP FRONT, tell them

"I just want to make it clear that I ALREADY KNOW HOW to make a bologni sandwhich"

Adina please check your private topics.

Regards,

Vladko
    www.vladi-g.bulhosting.com

do you know the name of some of these centers?

I recently read an article about a guy going across the US on Route 66 in a wheelchair to raise money for a rehab in Romania. (Sorry, can't remember the name of the city.)The article said that all such centers had been abolished by Ceaucescu. So you might have to go to Western Europe, I suppose. Vladko will know.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

Betheny, you are right...the perspective is not very pink here in Romania. There are some rehab centers, but not even half as well equipped as they should be. Looking on the bright side though, things have started to move in the right direction..there are some good initiatives..

About Europe though, I'm looking for clinics that practice intensive rehab, the whole range of therapies, from FES to hydrotherapy, several hours a day, 5 days a week...
    I'm thinking that this might have some effects that the usual therapy I do (2 times a week) could not trigger.

Vlady, I got your message, I posted you an answer there.

Thanks all for you input

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Adina, this is a rehab center in Malaga,Spain.
    www.codytherapy.net