Thread: Seated Aerobics

Seated Aerobics

I need to increase my cardio workout and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for seated aerobics? Are there any videos that are for chair exercises? I used to do yoga and tai chi but so far can't figure out how to effectively adapt them to the chair. I've always dreaded aerobics but thought maybe it would be easier to adapt to the chair. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. It's summer and I need to lose some of my winter fat!!

Phillis, Try looking for a couple of videos by Maria Serrao - "Everyone Can Exercise!-Cardio Challenge" and "Everyone Can Exercise!- Toning & Strengthening." She does aerobics in a wheelchair. I picked up both on eBay for something like $5 each.

Thanks Sue! That's exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate your help.

Keep hope alive.

You can also try / do shadow boxing while in your chair - a great aerobic workout.

Use 1, 2, or 3 minute intervals and throw as many jabs, hooks, right crosses, uppercuts, as possible. Add in some bobbing (ducking), weaving and side to side for abdominal/trunk work.

You'll be huffing and puffing in no time.