Thread: Medical Insurance....

Medical Insurance....

I need to get medical insurance, but I'm not elligible for medicare anymore. Can I still be covered? I now am covered by a medicare + HMO through HealthNet. Do you think they will still cover me? New territory for me, just a little worried.
    Thanks

Return to full Medicare coverage

Teion -- I am not sure I understand. If you have a Medicare HMO insurance through Health Net then you indeed have medical insurance coverage. Is it still in force? When you switched to this type of coverage you assigned your Medicare primary benefits to the HMO. I have worked with many patients here who have dropped their HMO plans and returned to Medicare Parts A & B. Many of the HMO plans out here in California have dropped their coverage of Medicare recipients as well so there are other folks in the same boat. In order to get reinstated in full Medicare again (which will include paying their schedule of premium payments) you would need to contact your local Social Security Administration office. They should be able to direct you down the right path. You can also check their web site at www.medicare.gov PLG