Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: testosterone injections?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

testosterone injections?

my dr. wants to start giving me testosterone injections to increase stength and muscle mass. i'm c5-6 incomplete/4yrs post and i've been using the walker exclusively for the last three months...i've increased my exercise regime and strength training over the last year with amazing results. i havn't had any experience with steroids. any advice? precautions? thanks.
    da

does anyone have any experience with steroid use for strength training...or any expertise in this field? i'm concerned about overall health and productivity...should this even be considered for someone w/sci? any input will be greatly appreciated...is this question in the right place?
    thanks,
    da

dusty, I don't know very much about the effects of androgens on muscle in people with spinal cord injury other than to reiterate the importance of doing it with somebody who really know what they are doing. Many of the steroids that athletes take are not good for the heart and other parts of the body. They do not ban it just because it is unfair but because it has serious side-effects.

Some people with spinal cord injury do have low testosterone levels. I just did a literature search on the subject and you may be interested in an abstract that I just posted, reporting the effects of giving testosterone to rats after spinal cord injury and the effect on muscle.

Wise.

I take testosterone for a back injury

Five years after back surgery I could not shake the pain. Vicodin is no way to live life, for sure. I purchased a gym membership but each time I worked out it took six days to recover and then I was back where I started. I finally had my doctor test my testosterone level and it was low (236). No surprise after reading many studies in this area. The doctor would do nothing about it. Another doctor told me that was the normal level if 80 years old but would only take me to 500 with Clomid. I stopped going to those doctors and found a new one who boosts me to 1,000 with testosterone cypionate injections. That seems to be where I start to really notice a difference. I am now 36 years old. I was paralyzed to the point I could not walk before my surgery.

My recovery time is much improved, as is my mood, my sleep, and waking hours. I take my cardiovascular health serious with steroids and take Vytorin to control cholesterol and manage issues proactively. My cholesterol level is 119. My back pain is almost gone.... I have since taken up snow skiing and scuba diving.

My only question is whether or not I will need to take this forever or if my natural processes would take over upon discontinuation. Testicular atrophy is treated with Clomid and HCG but is concerning.

Testosterone has positively changed my life and helped me to lose 40 pounds. Watch the movie "Bigger Faster Stronger." It helps to wade through some of the negative propaganda and get to some truth. I would honestly recommend the treatment though I am not a doctor. Might want to use the cream but two injections per week keep the levels very consistent .

[quote=Electrodes]Five years after back surgery I could not shake the pain. Vicodin is no way to live life, for sure. I purchased a gym membership but each time I worked out it took six days to recover and then I was back where I started. I am now 36 years old. I was paralyzed to the point I could not walk before my surgery. I lived half immobilized with pain for the next five years.... My left leg still has a little paralysis to it.

My back pain is almost gone.... I have since taken up snow skiing and scuba diving.

My physical therapist told me that my issues were largely because my back muscles were not strong enough to hold my spine correctly. A little more testosterone and a lot of physical training have helped me to lead a healthy life. I do not look like someone that uses steroids. I am not trying to build mass. I just want a normal life and that is what these things provide. A doctor last week told me that I will need to take these the rest of my life and that PSA levels and prostate checks need to happen every six months. If your doctor is not following your health on these things you could get messed up in the long run. If a doctor follows your care I think these are a good thing.

i linked the movie below.....

steroid use is so misunderstoiod, mostly based on myth not fact.

i had always planned on using aas down the road but then a year ago last january i got a septic staph inf, lost 50 pds and a ton of mass. i gained back the 50pds plus , my body fat is lower than ever and im stronger then ever. i told my sci doc when i started, he monitors my blood both on and off cycle;. i just started my 3rd cycle. i do 3mths on /3 mths off.

heres some pics b4 and now

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=104557

movie bigger stronger faster-------really shows the politicians ignorance....so many great points made in the movie

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JPVTUU6S
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i linked the movie below.....

steroid use is so misunderstoiod, mostly based on myth not fact.

i had always planned on using aas down the road but then a year ago last january i got a septic staph inf, lost 50 pds and a ton of mass. i gained back the 50pds plus , my body fat is lower than ever and im stronger then ever. i told my sci doc when i started, he monitors my blood both on and off cycle;. i just started my 3rd cycle. i do 3mths on /3 mths off.

heres some pics b4 and now

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=104557

movie bigger stronger faster-------really shows the politicians ignorance....so many great points made in the movie

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JPVTUU6S
    That movie was good to watch and people who think they know about steroids but really dont know shit about it should watch it.

The Guy W/ Aids Was Awesome. Very Candid. He Looked Good Too
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I like the interview with the guy with the HUMONGOUS biceps.

I admit if I could try them and they would build more mass on my ass, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    I like the interview with the guy with the HUMONGOUS biceps.

I admit if I could try them and they would build more mass on my ass, I'd do it.
    The guy with the big biceps he injects something called synthol into his biceps its a type of oil and he looks like shit with that stuff. The guy is an idiot his name is Gregg Valentino here is the 3 part show about him.

http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valentino-TL...umentary-Part-1
    http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valentino-TL...umentary-Part-2
    http://media.putfile.com/Greg-Valentino-TL...umentary-Part-3