Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who stands?

I stand about 1 and 1/2 hrs per day. Been doing it since two weeks into rehab.

www.easystand.com

Hi Betsy..Yes, I stand for 2 hours each time. While standing I do have to go on my ventilator (vs. my diaphragmatic pacer) because my breathing does get difficult while standing.
    I moved out of the nursing home May 20 of last year and moved in to an apartment with my bf in Fairfield, near Cincinnati. I get 12 hours of nursing a day and get 35 hours of attendant care a week through the pca program.
    You take care!

Cynthia

Get one!
    They are great, if for nothing else, in that you have your old perspective back.
    I use mine 3-5x's a week for 1 hour. I'm not limited by health, but by other obligations.
    Since you are a para, you may want to look into the easystand 6000 series for exercise as well.
    I was able to get insurance to pay for mine.
    good luck!

I am C5/6 without tricepts and in an electric chair. When I was in rehab I asked about using the standing frame and the answer implied that it was only for those who would likely walk again. Now nearly 3 years later I am an out-patient there using that frame. I started out going twice a week, first on the tilt table and now standing for 45 min. each time. I don't have any insurance to cover this so after nearly $500 a month for three months I had to drop back to once a week. It takes two to get me up and one person has to steady me all the time. If I move my head or my arms, I either fall forward or to the side.

i stand everyday i would think its good for you no matter what.

Originally posted by skier:

I am C5/6 without tricepts and in an electric chair. When I was in rehab I asked about using the standing frame and the answer implied that it was only for those who would likely walk again. Now nearly 3 years later I am an out-patient there using that frame. I started out going twice a week, first on the tilt table and now standing for 45 min. each time. I don't have any insurance to cover this so after nearly $500 a month for three months I had to drop back to once a week. It takes two to get me up and one person has to steady me all the time. If I move my head or my arms, I either fall forward or to the side.
    Skier,

I'm also C5/6. I purchased this tilt-table for home use. tilt-table