Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Own Recovery Program

Yea Chris. Anything (equipment and/or activity) that promotes enough physical exertion to enable you to reach and maintain your target heart rate.

home therapy

I'm a therapist without SCI, so that being said, I apologize if I offend anyone here. What I recommend in our program is 2 hours per day minimum of floor exercises. Though I think the ambulators and spinners are a great adjunct to this, I have seen more improvement with floor exercises than anything else. Of course we use things at our office to stimulate the nerves in the first place, but then our patients go home and that's where the real progress begins. As a therapist, I'm a big believer in neurodevelopmental sequence, i.e. you must crawl before you can walk. So I send all our patients home to roll around on the floor and start crawling. I don't know how this would work for someone who has not had any nerve stimulation, but I do know it helps tremendously with our patients. Good luck to those of you out there, my prayers are with you!

janis allen

Hey, does anyone know where I can find one of those little pedal units (small enough for desk or floor) that is motorized?

Sitting here at my desk trying to figure out how I can exercise my legs (at least give them motion, such as pedaling) while I'm at work? It's not e-stim or fes but a small motorized pedaling machine.

Thanks.

Onward and Upward!

Chris
    I bought a product called Oxycycle from the Shopping Network for my son. The cost was $150 cdn. Pros are: lightweight, compact and cheap.
    Cons are: One speed, the motor won't work thru spams and he needs some help strapping his feet in. I think with some small modifications ( foot rest with calf support) it should be okay. I'll make changes to it by friday and let you know.

Jway2002, Thanks! Does oxycycle have a website? Which shopping network did you purchase this from?

Does anyone else know of any other manufacturers?

Thanks again.

Onward and Upward!

Chris
    I found ours on the Shopping Channel in Canada. I have tried www.theshoppingchannel.com but did not find it there. I hope the following link works. http://www.sportingb2b.com/work/b_pa...80&industry=SG

Chris
    I contacted the Shopping Channel and found the item number which is 277930. The lady told me they don't have ant in stock and she didn't know when or if they would re-stock. She couldn't tell me the supplier.

Ceiling Lift

I had a barrier free ceiling lift (www.barrierfreelifts.com) installed last weekend. I have been very impressed with it so far and should be able to do some partial weight bearing training with this lift. If nothing else, it has made transfers 100% easier and is now much easier to get in and out of the standing frame.

Thanks to everyone who gave me some feedback on getting this lift.

oxycycle

Available for $179 from www.rolli-moden.com

Thank you Dr. J.J., Good, accurate information.

Btw, the oxycycle is not on their website yet but it is in their catalog.

Onward and Upward!