Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your Own Recovery Program

well i go to sci steps every monday and friday for 3 hours a day ,ware i do all they have to offer and they are great to work with.and i will contiue to go there, then at home i have my own gym thanks to my brother,hoo pays for all of this at home i get a good stretch range of motion of arms and legs then i ride a fes bike for 1 hour a day every day, i use a stim belt on my abs and i have a stim system for my arms tricepts and the muscle in the front of arm i dont no what its called but it works them both, and he just got me a system for my hands, i use these for 1/2 hour a day , i use a stand gate for 1hr a day every day, then depending on the day i very my reps on a vertaglide,total gym,bowflex , i do core workouts on the mate with a workout ball (half) ball, i use a inversion board ,at first i felt light headed with this but after i got use to it i do fill better wene i get on it i use this evey other day15 minutes,i have a treadmill system i use evey other day for 45 minutes i use a spino flex harness. i would like to do the treadmill every day but my brothers helper works on those days, its a lot of work but its worth it im in great shape and filling better every day. a strict diet and i take a lot of vitamins. i wont take pain meds or spasm pills i dont wont to hinder my nervous system at all and so far im haveing good results compared to what the docs told me . thanks

Great job Blair, keep up the workouts..

blairc7; you provide motivation for the rest of us. Your workout regimen takes discpline and work. I pray that you will be in the best shape you can be to take advantage of any theroy that comes along. Keep us posted on your work.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by blairc7 View Post
    well i go to sci steps every monday and friday for 3 hours a day ,ware i do all they have to offer and they are great to work with.and i will contiue to go there, then at home i have my own gym thanks to my brother,hoo pays for all of this at home i get a good stretch range of motion of arms and legs then i ride a fes bike for 1 hour a day every day, i use a stim belt on my abs and i have a stim system for my arms tricepts and the muscle in the front of arm i dont no what its called but it works them both, and he just got me a system for my hands, i use these for 1/2 hour a day , i use a stand gate for 1hr a day every day, then depending on the day i very my reps on a vertaglide,total gym,bowflex , i do core workouts on the mate with a workout ball (half) ball, i use a inversion board ,at first i felt light headed with this but after i got use to it i do fill better wene i get on it i use this evey other day15 minutes,i have a treadmill system i use evey other day for 45 minutes i use a spino flex harness. i would like to do the treadmill every day but my brothers helper works on those days, its a lot of work but its worth it im in great shape and filling better every day. a strict diet and i take a lot of vitamins. i wont take pain meds or spasm pills i dont wont to hinder my nervous system at all and so far im haveing good results compared to what the docs told me . thanks
    awesome wish i had all the time f workin out !
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Thank You

Hi All,

I have spent a lot of time in this forum over the last few years. Great information that helped me get out of my wheelchair. Thank You. Check out my post "The Long Road Back" in the Life section to see the payoff.

To pay it forward I am attaching a copy of the plan I used to manage all aspects of my rehabilitation. I have created and directed training programs for elite athletes for many years. So this rehab model parallels my approach to sports training.

Patient directed care is still not well understood in much of the medical community. I also used the drawing to remind my OT's and PT's and Dr.'s and Trainers that they were part of a big team. It motivated them to make their decisions "in the context of an overall team effort" and to share information beyond a few chart notes and insurance reports.

I have many training calendars, loading models and equipment progressions if anyone is interested. They are all sub-components of the attached overview.

Again, Thank-You All,
    Ramey 'Coach' Stroud

Im curious if theres any way id prolong recovery but moving certain ways. T12 incomplet, walking w came, right ankle has little movement. Im doing as much as i can and dont wwant to set myself back any.

Thanks
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Thumb up!! You go!!!
    Search and Find Your Answers.

C3/C4 incomplete 10 months out. I use a treadmill with a harness for safety (used to carry some of my weight) along with an engine puller (cherry picker) out in my garage. Works fantastic. Added motorcycle handle bars for some style, instead of the treadmill bar.
    Also use LiveStrong recumbent stationery bike. Bolted over the ankle tennis shoes to the pedals, as hard time keeping my feet on the bike even with the plastic covers it came with. Shoes works great. Slide my feet in (others put them in), then start peddling. Like the idea of using my arms while pedaling, for heart rate to go up more.

Starting 2nd month of pool therapy. Excellent results. Am now able to walk in the shallow (3 feet) end of therapy pool (93 degrees) and practicing walking up and down special pool stairs. Usually use the lift to get in the pool still though. Highly recommend pool therapy - good results for many.

Also go to the gym once a week and workout legs & arms for one hour. Alot slower, hard to get in some machines, but a buddy helps me - getting stronger though. Also lift hand weights (5 lbs.) at home. Started with 1 lb. weights.

Get stretched out daily for one hour to keep me more limber. Helps a lot.

Also walk with walker - would love to get to the cane mode in future. That'd be awesome. Walk about 30 minutes or more per day. Someone follows me in my powerchair in case I need to rest.

http://youtu.be/lYptcvNX9Oc

getting at it with all my heart! T10 incomplete injury date Jan 8th 2010.

Working on it!