Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Walk Press Release

Francising, website, etc.

Our website is at www.projectwalk.ORG not .COM

If you go to .COM it is a website under construction.

If you click on the link under my name it will take you right to it.

We are currently working on the materials necessary to franchise our program to other areas. This may take some time as we are growing rapidly and are trying to keep up. Last year at this time it was Ted, Tammy, and myself working with 7 or 8 clients. We now have 16 trainers and 30+ clients, with new clients entering the program every week.

We are also working with the SCI Special Fund to raise money to help people pay for housing and transportation in the area.

Eric Harness,CSCS
    Project Walk

Project Walk

I spoke with Tammy on 10/15/02 about a resource list on places to rent/stay in the near vicinity of their center. Chris, where are you staying and do you have any info you can share? I am scheduling a trip the first or second week in Nov. 02, for a one week workout to see if I can cut the mustard. I plan on staying a minimum of six months, hopefully beginning in Nov or Dec of this year.

Tammy indicated they have clients with my injury level and similiar return that are taking their first steps after two months of therapy. Another person is now standing on their own. I'm ready.

I am not willing to wait for a cure for 10 years or longer.

Housing

Snowman, Would it be possible to list possible housing arranagements near your facility and possible transportation on your website. We want to go to Project Walk within the next 4 months but we do not know how to go about housing & transportation.

Guys, under the site www.projectwalk.org there are hotel suggestions. Also, make a few calls to the Marriott for their 'residence stay' program or other extended stay programs (Hilton, Sheraton, etc.). Also, try going to www.qwestdex.com , looking up Carlsbad, CA then "hotels" under the business listing and that should find you more options.

You can rent vehicles with hand controls from Hertz, Avis, National, etc. There is also taxi service. You might be able to rent a ramp van as well but you'll need to get on the phone and hunt.

Good luck.

Onward and Upward!

Chris

These hotels are EXPENSIVE, I've called several in the area. The best "extended" rate I was quoted was $74.00 a day, which equates to $2,294.00 a month, ouch! An apartment is a lot cheaper and Tammy Darzinski says they are working on a list of apartments in the immediate area.

Project Walk Lodging

For those that may be considering making a pilgrimage to PW, this is the best way I have found for locating an apartment (in case you didn't already know of this website) www.apartment.com

Chris

I have reserved a 1 bedroom apartment in Vista, California. I will take occupancy on November 18, 02. This is also my first scheduled therapy day at Project Walk. I will look for you in January, 03, when you arrive. Good luck!!