Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here visited project walk?

nooooooooooooooooooooo

Emi don't .......... Before you do anything read my thread i started at new mobility.com The topic reads what's everyone intake on project walk? Foster is a fake.... He is ted..... trust me... They wouldn't take up my offer...

http://newmobility.com/ubbcgi/ultima...c;f=1;t=005141

Mad Producer

You convinced me...it's all a scam! With all that scientific evidence and the due diligence you put forth, I finally see the light! Keep your gossip at the New Mobility site where it belongs!

Maceyka

Planning to check it out

I'm planning a day visit w/ PW next month. After Talking with Ted via email,I don't think they are doing anything different than I am already doing myself. I am interested to see how they are using these therapies. Maybe they are doing the same modalities but in a slightly different manner. I'll let you all know.

Chris

Some insight

When I spoke with them the said the get you standing up right away. I responded, "oh, with braces" they said, "no braces." "Parallel Bars?" they said no parallel bars. WHAT?? The only way I can see that they would do that is to have someone push on each knee. That, in fact, one area they told me they work on is torso balance and strenthening.
    Much of their training on the mat would seem to fall under the same catagory as bio-feedback.

Where is the CURE section at the New Mobility. That site seems to be run by the same therapist who told me "dont worry about walking, just accept it and learn to live with it"

Uh, Chris...?

Chris, correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't you complete? PW doesn't work with completes, do they? I read several places on their site, 'incompletes only.' What's your thinking?

By the way, I'm pretty sold on the LiteGait system; simple and direct, up ya go! I'm in it 3x a week, 15 minutes last Thursday, and then today. Only takes 2 therapists to keep order over my legs, and I get a great workout while -hopefully- stirring the seeds to kick something into gear.

vgrafen

Does anyone know

what are the credentials of the "therapists" working at Project Walk? What is their experience working with SCI patients?

Mad Producer aka iguess

So since no one on New Mobility will listen to your ranting your going to bring it over here to a board devoted to civilized and intellectual discussions about possible cures and new therapies. Sad.

I really hope Foster and his son never meet you in person... it could get real ugly.

To all others

Here is a list of our most recent visitors and their email addresses:

Fred Nader, frnad@aol.com
    Fred's daughter, Erica, C6, started the program on June 17. They are from Michigan.

Roni Taylor, ronijan@hotmail.com
    Roni's son, Cas, C4/5 is currently visiting from Texas.

Foster Ashman, fsrca@hotmail.com
    Roster's son, Ryan, T7, will start as soon as they can make financial arrangements for Ryan to come out from Philadelphia

Able Dominguez came from Texas to observe our program and is now bringing his daughter, Laura C6, for a trial workout visit. Laura2738@aol.com

Brent Key is a T12 also from Texas. Check out his website HERE you'll find some pictures of him at our new facility.

Thank you for your interest in Project Walk and I hope to see a lot of you soon.

Eric Harness,CSCS
    Project Walk

vgrafen

Well as far as being complete.....yes at one time I suppose I was. Since the very beginning of my ordeal 22 months ago I have been busting butt with a lot of different things. I started out a complete ASIA "A"
    Now things are different, I have some voluntary movement and feeling in my right leg and toes. I hate ASIA. Maybe ASIA would still consider me complete. I don't know and I don't care. It's an inadequate testing method. In any event PW didn't express their concern to me about "complete vs. incomplete" maybe because I shared with them all I've been doing thus far. We'll see!

uh...

I was addressing the moderator, Chris, he of the spoked wheel. Did I miss something, or...?

vgrafen

Vgraf, Sorry for the delay in response.

My injury is C6-7. I am sensory incomplete, motor complete. Basically, I can feel touch, hot/cold on my feet and have general light touch sensation up to my knees. Above my knees (top of quads) I have spotty sensation. Also light touch in my abdomen. Probably more than you want to know but I also have genital and sacral sensation. What's weird is that my butt and the back of my legs from hips to heels I have better sensation (hence the burning) than the fronts or sides of my legs.

Motor wise I'd say I'm complete. I can move a toe or two but nothing to write home about.

What I'm hopeful for and excited about is the plasticity capacity of the spinal cord. You know this already but I don't think many understand the concept of plasticity and what potential it may unlock. And the reason I think that many don't understand it is that we're conditioned, not unlike rats, to sit all the time and not use our limbs enough. No wonder our bodies function through learned non-use. What choice does it have? And I don't believe that even the best run "model center" sci hospitals and rehab centers utilize PT correctly. Does your pt know about plasticity? Mine, I can assure you, do not. They're just preachin the same stuff. Why? money, personnel and equipment issues. It takes a big commitment on the part of a hospital or rehab center to take on a "complete" injury. And for how long will they carry someone without seeing improvement / results?

What PW is doing, imo so far, is nothing new in terms of advanced pt concepts. The difference, I think, is in the intensity and more importantly the time/ repetition that they commit.

If you've or anyone read the entire site they clearly state that you probably will not see real results for at least six months. How many facilities would commit six months to my rehab? None that I have found. Even with enough money and insurance even the best sci hospitals (Craig) can't devote the manpower or equipment necessary.

Like you and probably many others I have and can get or make the same equipment that they're probably using at PW. But if I'm honest with myself I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to work out 5hrs a day 5 days a week for two years. Now, is that worth $2000 or $3,000 a month? I don't know. However I think its worth a shot before someone opens up my back and...?

What's the downside? I learn, get in as good a shape as possible while waiting for medical science to catch up. And for $70,000 I think its relatively cheap for the potential opportunity to walk again.

I'm a realist. Nothing in my life has been easy. Why would I even begin to think that the road to sci recovery won't be the steepest and deepest challenge I've ever faced. I only know hard work will achieve results in some way, shape or form.

And for anyone else I will just offer that if you read Lance Armstrong's "Its Not About The Bike" you may have a better understanding of my approach to this problem. Out work everybody.

Peace.

Onward and Upward!