Thread: Need advice or suggestions

Need advice or suggestions

I am doing my best to find a w/c that will work with me not with a salesperson or company.

I need a motorized chair that will have removeable legrests, armrests and also be foldable. Need to have the ability to travel long distances with a motor/battery power. Must be covered by Medicare and possibly by Medicaid in the state of Texas. Also, I need to have it able to get as close as possible to the toilet as possible. Saw the Everest Jennings Metro Power in a search and it is something similiar as to what I have need for and like.

I would appreciate any more suggestions from those who have used power chairs.

Raven

My Quickie P200 might fit the bill

Originally posted by Raven:

I need a motorized chair that will have removeable legrests, armrests and also be foldable. Need to have the ability to travel long distances with a motor/battery power. Must be covered by Medicare and possibly by Medicaid in the state of Texas. Also, I need to have it able to get as close as possible to the toilet as possible. Saw the Everest Jennings Metro Power in a search and it is something similiar as to what I have need for and like.

Raven
    What do you mean by "foldable"? The back of my chair tips/folds over but it does not fold in half like a manual chair.

"And so it begins."