Thread: roho cushions: adjusting air pressure?

roho cushions: adjusting air pressure?

i have a fairly new roho enhanser and the correct amount of air was set during pressure mapping session. i believe it's lost some air. any roho or air bladder cushion user got some advise on adjusting the air. i am concerned not to over fill. i have recently developed a few red spots. hoping more experienced users will have some tips. thanks in advance.

I don't know if I can explain this quite right but, when you fill it you want to kind of overfill it as it is easier to let air out... Then, put your hand under your tailbone (I didn't see an injury level in your profile), or have someone else do it then, you want to have about 1.5 inches of air between your butt and the seat of your chair... I hope I explained that well enough. Good luck. It takes some time and practice to learn how to do it just right. Over time you'll get to the point where you can just "tell" when it's right... Julie

One day at a time...

Avoid those red spots!!

You should be doing pressure relief lifts or leans to take the weight off those areas. What is your injury level? What type of chair do you have? How long have you been injured? We need this sort of info to help.

"And so it begins."

Roho

I have a Roho, I got mine because of a pesure soar, and then a few monthes later I got another presure soar, because my Roho was blown up to much. hpblair@hotmail.com

Kathryn N. Blair

whoops..

I didn't mention that after you overfill a bit and put your hand under your butt, you then let the air out till you have the proper give. You do NOT want to sit on an overfilled cushion. Sorry about the confusion... Julie

One day at a time...

i am c5 incomplete. i have quickie power chair with std. seating(no tilting) and a jay back. i do leaning and weight shifting for pressure lift. i am 3 1/2 yrs. post. i've only had a couple of red spots since injury and they normally fade quickly with proper care.

julie,
    could you elaborate on what you mean by proper give.