Thread: Anodyne Therapy

Anodyne Therapy

Has anyone ever tried Anodyne Therapy? A friend of ours, that is a nurse, mentioned this to us yesterday. We've never heard of it before.

The study that she mentioned showed an 88.8% improvement in chronic pain from diabetic neuropathy. Does anyone know if Anodyne Therapy helps with the type of neuropathic pain that is related to SCI?

mrsnomis

Imnomis, attached is the website of the company that manufacturers the equipment,http://www.anodynetherapy.com. The data that they show would indicate that this only benefits those with diabetic neuropathy.Perhaps others have heard where this therapy might help with CP.

mike

I sent an email to Anodyne re: use of their equipment for CP. They said they had no studies regarding it's use for this condition and stated that it increases circulation and decreases pain in the affected area. They also said that they will provide a money back guarantee for those wanting to try the equipment.

My opinion based on what I have read is that it would not be very useful for CP. Perhaps others have some thoughts on this.

mike

Mike, thank you for your responses. I would love to hear from others too. Something has to start working someday!!!

Si's feet turn icy cold and are swollen on nights that he gets the severe pain in his buttocks and down his legs (The pain almost cycles 24 on/24 off). Could that possibly be due to poor circulation? His feet are tingly/pin pricky 100% of the time but the severe pain he gets in his buttocks and down his legs comes and goes.

He has appointment with the pain clinic this week for another epidural. I'll have him check with the doctor on the Anodyne treatment and see if he can find out anything further. They are doing the Anodyne process locally so maybe he can get a referral and at least give it a shot. He's willing to try almost anything. Thanks again.

mrsnomis

[This message was edited by imnomis on 06-26-05 at 12:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by imnomis on 06-26-05 at 12:15 AM.]

What is the Anodyne Therapy?I listen about it but never triaed ..tell me about the therapy..